Smart Home Automation Forum

Full Version: Full automation of boiler room - what component to use
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, this year i was finished installation of my new boiler room with 3 boilers, 16 pumps, 16 electric valves, one pellet burner... Now i need to make automation of all components. I was test some process with sonoff TH16 and 4CH pro devices and home assistant, only to see what exactly need and can to controll, and the main problem is that i need a lot of temperature sensors, pressure sensors, ultrasonic sensors, relays, contactors etc.

The best solution is to use home assistant, but if you have some suggestions, i am open

In text bellow i will try to explain what i plan to do, and it would be great that you suggest me components for my automation

1. Measure temperature from -25 to 100 C on 42 places, and to have a possibility to controll devices (relays) by that temperature
  2. Measure water pressure in whole heating system on 10-12 places, and to controll electric valves for water and air accordingly measured pressure
  3. Measure water level in vertical expansion tank of 1200 lit, and controll electric valves for water.
  4. Measure level of pellet in pellet tank of 1800 kg (2000 mm height)
  5. Connect one smoke and fire sensor to controll fan in case of smoke
  6. Relay output on/off or no/nc for control pumps, burner, electric actuators, lights. Relay for pumps, burner, electric actuators will be controled by measured temperature. All relay outputs will controll electric contactor with 24vac coils.

I hope that you will understand what i need.

Please suggest me what componnent i should use.

If you need additional information, please contact me

Thanks in advance
if you have many sensors want to add to home assistant, suggest use KC868-COLB input module or KC868-AI.
KC868-COLB have 16 channel "digital input" and 16 channel "analog input" (dc 0-5v ) and 5 channel DS18B20 temperature sensor.
KC868-AI have 48 channel "digital input" .
so you just need to chose the sensor is dc 0-5v output signal type.
about relay board, there are many model can chosed. just suggest by ethernet way is stable.