Smart Home Automation Forum

Full Version: project components help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello to All,

I found kincony project very promising for my place so I wish to ask you about some support with choosing components.
At the moment I have all cables collected in one big box - cat 5e from all monostable wall switches (light and roller shutters). I have also standalone server with HA and panel/tablet for it.

I have 110 inputs to connect (from switches) and around 80 outputs(lights, roller shutters etc). Also I wish to use google voice control, have some zigbee/z-wave devices, control irrigation sprinkler systems and maybe some other home things like alarm (get info from its sensors), air condition, heating, recuperation etc.

I thought home assistant will give me possibility to tie together and control everything together with help of some kincony components and esphome:
-multiple KC868-A32 or KC868-A8
or
-multiple mosfet KC868-A16 (or KC868-A64) connected with KC868-E16V2 (preferred because relays like to be broken)
of course also zigbee gateway.

Would it work? or I need to get also some controller like KC868-H32B, KC868-H32B Pro or KC868-H32BS? if yes than could you shortly tell me why? or if it is optional in my case than would I have any benefits of getting it and could you please advice me optimal architecture for my needs?

thank you in advance for your help and suggestions!
if you will use home assistant software, you can chose KC868-A series ESP32 board. But if you MUST want to use google home voice control freely. I suggest use chose KC868-H series board, such as KC868-H32B Pro relay controller, because that use by tuya app, it can use google home and alexa voice controller directly. you can integrate to home assistant by MQTT.

1. you can use KC868-Server to install home assistant, zigbee USB dongle connect to KC868-Server, so that you can use zigbee2mqtt in home assistant.

2. use KC868-H32B Pro + KC868-E16v2 extend relay module for larger current load + KC868-AK for manual control buttons (for your wall momentary switches)

3. for air conditioner or IR device, you can add KC868-AG Pro, that support control IR by home assitant or Tuya app at the same time, also it's Zigbee3.0 hub inside.
(08-23-2023, 11:03 PM)admin Wrote: [ -> ]if you will use home assistant software, you can chose KC868-A series ESP32 board. But if you MUST want to use google home voice control freely. I suggest use chose KC868-H series board, such as KC868-H32B Pro relay controller, because that use by tuya app, it can use google home and alexa voice controller directly. you can integrate to home assistant by MQTT.

1. you can use KC868-Server to install home assistant, zigbee USB dongle connect to KC868-Server, so that you can use zigbee2mqtt in home assistant.

2. use KC868-H32B Pro + KC868-E16v2 extend relay module for larger current load + KC868-AK for manual control buttons (for your wall momentary switches)

3. for air conditioner or IR device, you can add KC868-AG Pro, that support control IR by home assitant or Tuya app at the same time, also it's Zigbee3.0 hub inside.

thank you very much for answer!

ad.1 I have already bought terminal hp t620 because it was suggested on some smart DIY fb groups Sad would it not work? is KC868-Server better?

ad.2 thank you I will go for it! But only for my understanding - I`m wondering what are this KC868-AK module features/benefits comparing to KC868-A8 besides onboard S1-S35 buttons. For instance having momentary switch connected to KC868-A8 wouldn`t I be able to create double/long click scene in HA/esphome and upload it to KC868-A8 ??? 

Also some last question came to me. Lets assume I have solution which you have suggested in ad.2 than if KC868-H32B Pro will die all my lights/roller shutters will stop to work - am I right? 
Maybe it would be better to connect somehow KC868-H32B Pro with KC868-A8 (maybe even better mosfet KC868-A16 with KC868-E16V2) modules so if KC868-H32B Pro gonna die (or some other unexpected things happen) than I will still have possibility to turn on lights/blinds ? Because as I understand using esphome I will be able to upload code to KC868-A8 (as local config) and it will work independently even without controller or network?
1. it's OK, just can install home assistant is ok, KC868-Server just can save your install space. because it include 16 channel digital output ports.

2. because you want google home voice control, only KC868-H32B Pro / KC868-E16T / KC868-E8T support voice control. if chose H32B Pro, need add KC868-AK for wall switch buttons. if you chose E16T or E8T , wall switch can connect with their digital input ports.

3. H32B pro have "interlock" function option set for MOTOR. H32B Pro's manual control way (H32B Pro+AK) also can work without network, it's work locally.