Smart Home Automation Forum

Full Version: Water Level Sensor Readings Not Changing with Water Level Variations
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, I have a KC868-E16S board and installed the firmware KCS V2.1.9 on it. I connected a water level sensor that operates in the range of 0 to 5 volts and 0 to 0.7 meters.

I tested the sensor by placing it in a water tank with an actual height of 41 cm. 

I noticed that the sensor reads up to 35 cm and the reading seems to remain constant even when the water level increases or decreases. For example, when I lowered the water level to 15 cm, the sensor did not register the change and the reading remained at 35 cm.

Similarly, when I increased the water level to 42 cm, the sensor reading did not change.

Can you help me solve this problem?
what software you will use? for example : home asisstant? or you just want make a AUTOMATION to control relay?
(10-29-2023, 08:05 AM)admin Wrote: [ -> ]what software you will use? for example : home asisstant? or you just want make a AUTOMATION to control relay?

First, I want to create an automation to control a relay without software , and then I will use Tuya software later
when have free time, we will test it then feedback to you.
Hello, is there any update regarding the problem's solution?
preparing one sensor with 70CM , then will begin test, when have news i will upload at here.
[attachment=3350]
i use KC868-E16T for testing, but KC868-E16S is same. connect water level sensor with analog input1.
[attachment=3354]
because the water level sensor output signal is dc 0-5v. level range is 0--70cm
[attachment=3348]
CHA1 and CHA2 use for 0-5v. CHA3 and CHA4 use for 4-20mA
[attachment=3352]
i use pump later water full of bottle.
[attachment=3351]
the big bottle concave about 2-3 cm.
[attachment=3349]
when the water level is 46cm. i test with software and multi meter as follows:
[attachment=3356]
[attachment=3355]
[attachment=3353]
when i change water level from 0-46cm, webpage will auto update the value. i think you need to confirm whether you have use analog 0-5v port?
later i will take a video tour about water level testing.
video tour at here:
Thank you for your effort. I have identified the mistake, which is connecting the water level sensor to point A4. I have connected it to point A1 instead, and the readings change as the level changes. Thank you.

Thank you very much. Now everything is working fine.