Smart Home Automation Forum

Full Version: Smart Home project - Kincony integration
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,  I am new to the forum and new to DIY. Hopefully I can get some guidance from the seasoned DIYers and Kincony admins.

I am building 2 houses that are coming up soon for electrical wiring. I am considering Kincony products instead of the wiifi router for home automation, but I have some questions that I hope something in this forum can help with.

The houses are fully 100% off-grid solar, and battery power as they are being built not very close to any grid power.

I am considering Kincony products and some Zigbee devices for home automation.

First, how does Kincony work with dumb light switches? Ex. Can Kincony turn off a light using automation and the light be turned back on via switch?
Second, what happens after a power loss? Does the system come back with everything working?
Third, if used in conjunction with ZigBee devices, does the devices need to be reprogram when using Kincony to control the down stream device? Ex. Kincony controls a device circuit like a light switch, in between the Kincony hub and the device is a ZigBee device, does this device loses power and require program?
Fourth, will wireless connected devices lose programming if controlled with Kincony?
Fifth, how does Kincony interact with other smart devices or technology such as wireless, Bluetooth, Zwave, ZigBee, etc.?

House:

·         65+ lights control by dumb light switches
·         4 mini split ac conditioning – automated to work only during solar power
·         A series of motion/pir sensors
·         Motorized blinds
·         Dimmable lights
·         Multiway light switch
·         Water level monitor
·          
I want voice control (Alexa, Google, and local), app control, browser control using tablets, using Home Assistant.

I am considering these products
KC868-Server, KC868-E8, MCB breaker, and other components.

Am I missing anything? Can Kincony do all this without any issues?

1. yes, you can automatic control light according to your setting from home assistant.
2. yes, if power off -> on, system will auto restart.
3. if you want to use ZigBee device. need add ZigBee USB-dongle or "KC868-AG Pro" ZigBee3.0 Hub. when power off->on, not need to re program setting, it have remembered.
4. will not lose.
5. we suggest use ethernet, wired solution is most stable, wireless product support ZigBee device, just need add ZigBee Hub or ZigBee usb dongle.

65+ lights control by dumb light switches (use by KC868-H32B Pro relay controller)
4 mini split ac conditioning – automated to work only during solar power (use by KC868-AG Pro)
A series of motion/pir sensors (use by KC868-AI)
Motorized blinds (use by KC868-H32B Pro relay controller)
Dimmable lights (use by KC868-D16 dimmer controller)
Multiway light switch (use by any momentary switch panel)
Water level monitor (any KinCony A series board with "analog input port")
(10-29-2023, 08:01 AM)admin Wrote: [ -> ]1. yes, you can automatic control light according to your setting from home assistant.
2. yes, if power off -> on, system will auto restart.
3. if you want to use ZigBee device. need add ZigBee USB-dongle or "KC868-AG Pro" ZigBee3.0 Hub. when power off->on, not need to re program setting, it have remembered.
4. will not lose.
5. we suggest use ethernet, wired solution is most stable, wireless product support ZigBee device, just need add ZigBee Hub or ZigBee usb dongle.

65+ lights control by dumb light switches  (use by KC868-H32B Pro relay controller)
4 mini split ac conditioning – automated to work only during solar power (use by KC868-AG Pro)
A series of motion/pir sensors (use by KC868-AI)
Motorized blinds (use by KC868-H32B Pro relay controller)
Dimmable lights  (use by KC868-D16 dimmer controller)
Multiway light switch (use by any momentary switch panel)
Water level monitor  (any KinCony A series board with "analog input port")

Thank you! Do you have a video on your YouTube channel of a similar set up?
you can see these video tour, step by step:
https://www.kincony.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=18
(10-29-2023, 07:28 AM)trollfarmer Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,  I am new to the forum and new to DIY. Hopefully I can get some guidance from the seasoned DIYers and Kincony admins.
I am building 2 houses that are coming up soon for electrical wiring. I am considering Kincony products instead of the wiifi router for home automation, but I have some questions that I hope something in this forum can help with.

The houses are fully 100% off-grid solar, and battery power as they are being built not very close to any grid power.

First, how does Kincony work with dumb light switches? Ex. Can Kincony turn off a light using automation and the light be turned back on via switch?
Second, what happens after a power loss? Does the system come back with everything working?
Third, if used in conjunction with ZigBee devices, does the devices need to be reprogram when using Kincony to control the down stream device? Ex. Kincony controls a device circuit like a light switch, in between the Kincony hub and the device is a ZigBee device, does this device loses power and require program?
Fourth, will wireless connected devices lose programming if controlled with Kincony?
Fifth, how does Kincony interact with other smart devices or technology such as wireless, Bluetooth, Zwave, ZigBee, etc.?

House:

·         4 mini split ac conditioning – automated to work only during solar power
·          
I want voice control (Alexa, Google, and local), app control, browser control using tablets, using Home Assistant.

visit my website  https://stripesroofing.com/chantilly-va.php

Hello, 
Absolutely, Kincony offers seamless integration with existing dumb light switches, ensuring both automation and manual control. Their systems are designed to recover smoothly after power loss, maintaining functionality without interruption. Zigbee device integration typically doesn't require reprogramming, and Kincony's compatibility with various smart technologies ensures a versatile home automation setup. With careful planning, Kincony can meet your needs effectively.
(02-21-2024, 08:45 AM)sarah-23652 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-29-2023, 07:28 AM)trollfarmer Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,  I am new to the forum and new to DIY. Hopefully I can get some guidance from the seasoned DIYers and Kincony admins.

House:

·          

visit my website  https://stripesroofing.com/chantilly-va.php

Hello, 
Absolutely, Kincony offers seamless integration with existing dumb light switches, ensuring both automation and manual control. Their systems are designed to recover smoothly after power loss, maintaining functionality without interruption. Zigbee device integration typically doesn't require reprogramming, and Kincony's compatibility with various smart technologies ensures a versatile home automation setup. With careful planning, Kincony can meet your needs effectively.

I had to hire a guy to plan my whole system to work smoothly, he worked magic on those things, now I can enhoy them seamlessly
(02-22-2024, 12:01 PM)Lucas35 Wrote: [ -> ]I had to hire a guy to plan my whole system to work smoothly, he worked magic on those things, now I can enjoy them seamlessly. get more information rainguardroofs.com

That's fantastic! Hiring a professional to plan your system can really make a difference. It's great to hear that everything is running smoothly now and you can fully enjoy the results of their expertise. Enjoy your seamless experience..