Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to use IR emitter on GPIO of K868AG ??
Hi

I'm using a K868-AG without problems to control a TV using the internal IR emitter LEDs. I want to use the GPIO avalaible on the board to wire additional IR emitters to control few other devices.
I have been careful of IR LED polarity. I have wired it between GPIO (positive side) and GND (negative side). I have also tried to add 200ohm resistor but same, it doesn't control device ! I'm sure of my ESP code as it works fine if I change code to use GPIO wired at internal LEDs ! I have tried GPIO14 with resistor and GPIO21 without but same result, not working Sad

Any ideas what's wrong ?

Thanks,

Vincèn
there are some GPIOs on the KC868-AG PCB board. you will see text on the pcb, some are "IOxx", some are "Ixx" . "IOxx" means the pin you can use for "input" and "ouptut", if "Ixx" only use for "input" , not for "output".
so make sure you have using the "IOxx" for IR extend, because IR signal is "output" type.
[Image: KC868-AG-1_04.png]
(05-02-2022, 12:45 AM)admin Wrote: there are some GPIOs on the KC868-AG PCB board. you will see text on the pcb, some are "IOxx", some are "Ixx" . "IOxx" means the pin you can use for "input" and "ouptut", if "Ixx" only use for "input" , not for "output".
so make sure you have using the "IOxx" for IR extend, because IR signal is "output" type.

Thanks it's what I did ! I tried the GPIO 14 and the 21 but no success ! How would you wire the IR emitter on the GPIO ? I have respected the polarity of LED and tried between 3.3V and GPIO, and also between GND and GPIO but LED never lights Sad
you can wire as this schematic: https://www.kincony.com/download/KC868-AG-schematic.pdf
(05-02-2022, 06:20 AM)admin Wrote: you can wire as this schematic: https://www.kincony.com/download/KC868-AG-schematic.pdf

Thanks for the schematic Wink Looks like it's more complicated than I expected as I would need a transistor and few resistors to wire my IR emitters properly on the board Sad
yes, must need transistor.