Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
KC868-UAIR ESPHOME Config for IR and RF
you should replace with your own wifi ssid and password and DS18B20 with your sensor address.
i have tested uploaded my config file, it's work fine.
That did not work, but I did manage to get firmware uploads working again by plugging the device into the USB port of my Home Assistant server and uploading over USB. After that I can upload over wireless again. That might be helpful for anyone else reading this who gets this same problem.

So I now have a config which gives me all the advertised input sensors, together with both sets of lights and all seems well. I'll now add the template switches for the IR and RF transmitters to make sure those work.
that's great.
(05-21-2022, 04:15 AM)dmshimself Wrote: That did not work, but I did manage to get firmware uploads working again by plugging the device into the USB port of my Home Assistant server and uploading over USB.  After that I can upload over wireless again.  That might be helpful for anyone else reading this who gets this same problem.

So I now have a config which gives me all the advertised input sensors, together with both sets of lights and all seems well.  I'll now add the template switches for the IR and RF transmitters to make sure those work.

Is there any chance you could post your working Yaml, I am totally new to all this and am getting errors. It would be good to see some examples of full working configurations?
(03-13-2023, 05:53 PM)shrub100 Wrote:
(05-21-2022, 04:15 AM)dmshimself Wrote: That did not work, but I did manage to get firmware uploads working again by plugging the device into the USB port of my Home Assistant server and uploading over USB.  After that I can upload over wireless again.  That might be helpful for anyone else reading this who gets this same problem.

So I now have a config which gives me all the advertised input sensors, together with both sets of lights and all seems well.  I'll now add the template switches for the IR and RF transmitters to make sure those work.

Is there any chance you could post your working Yaml, I am totally new to all this and am getting errors. It would be good to see some examples of full working configurations?

I'm sorry but I no longer have that device as it proved to be a bit unreliable with regularly weekly restarts needed.  A shame really because it is quite a good package.