Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
KC868-UAIR ESPHOME Config for IR and RF
ok,no problem, tonight will do it for you.
here is config file for IR receiver.

.txt   KC868-Uair-ESPHome-IR-Receiver.txt (Size: 495 bytes / Downloads: 283)

here is ESPHome config file for RF 433MHz receiver decode.

.txt   KC868-Uair-ESPHome-RF-Receiver.txt (Size: 364 bytes / Downloads: 319)

(05-12-2022, 12:53 PM)admin Wrote: here is config file for IR receiver.

Thanks for supplying that.  There is a different ESP type in this config to the reference one on the web site, so I'll stick with the one you have supplied.  If I just use your config, adjusting as needed for my wireless, then it works.  That is great news.  As soon as I add in the buzzer, lights etc from that section of the web site config, it stops working.  I'll spend some time gradually adding things in until I see which ones cause the problem and report back.

(05-12-2022, 01:27 PM)admin Wrote: here is ESPHome config file for RF 433MHz receiver decode.

Again thanks for this one and I applied this config, but without pressing any buttons on my RF remote, data is displayed continuously, so I modified the dump all in your config to just dump rc_switch and that allowed me to just see button presses.  It's like there is RF noise being registered by the device all the time.  Is there a way to stop this from happening?  As with the IR, I'll gradually put in the other config for the other devices.  Many thanks for the assist.
because there are many wireless signal in air, suggest use RC-switch. ESPHome official website also showed about this question:
Note:
If the log output is flooded with “Received Raw” messages, you can also disable raw remote code reporting and rely on rc_switch to decode the values.
https://esphome.io/components/remote_tra...ting-up-rf
here is config for other functions for KC868-Uair, such as use extend IIC sensor, just demo for you.

.txt   Made_for_ESPHome_KC868-Uair.txt (Size: 1.97 KB / Downloads: 250)

(05-12-2022, 09:34 PM)admin Wrote: because there are many wireless signal in air, suggest use RC-switch. ESPHome official website also showed about this question:
Note:
If the log output is flooded with “Received Raw” messages, you can also disable raw remote code reporting and rely on rc_switch to decode the values.
https://esphome.io/components/remote_tra...ting-up-rf

I found that ESPHOME comment previously which is why I changed the dump all.  But I only have 2 RF transmitters and neither were in use during my test.  My house is way out in the country, so there will not be any other RF devices interfering from neighbours.  Is there a way to reduce the sensitivity of the RF receiver?  An answer of 'No' is quite ok and just saves me continuing to look.
Different RF receiving modules have different sensitivity and noise. Or other wireless receiving modules can be replaced. If you just use the current module, you can't change it.
OK! Many thanks

(05-12-2022, 12:53 PM)admin Wrote: here is config file for IR receiver.

OK I've now spent some time putting all the devices into the config and the IR and RF receivers stop working as soon as I add one of the lights.  So my config is shown below.  If I uncomment the one light shown in this, no IR or RF codes are display and this was my original problem.  So I think with your help this issue has been narrowed down to some conflict with the LED config and the IR/RF receivers.  Any thoughts on the next steps appreciated!

esphome:
  name: kc868-uair

esp32:
  board: esp32dev
  framework:
    type: arduino

# Enable logging
logger:

# Enable Home Assistant API
api:

ota:
  password: "xxx"

wifi:
  ssid: !secret wifi_ssid
  password: !secret wifi_password
  domain: .lan

# Enable fallback hotspot (captive portal) in case wifi connection fails
  ap:
    ssid: "Kc868-Uair Fallback Hotspot"
    password: "xxx"

captive_portal:

remote_receiver:

- id: RF_Receiver
    pin: 13
    dump:
      - rc_switch
  # Settings to optimize recognition of RF devices
    tolerance: 50%
    filter: 250us
    idle: 4ms
    buffer_size: 2kb

- id: IR_Receiver
    pin:
      number: 19
      inverted: True
    dump:
      - panasonic

switch:
  - platform: gpio
    pin: 26
    name: "Buzzer"

# Dallas example configuration entry
dallas:
  - pin: GPIO27
    update_interval: 60s

# Individual sensors - change address to be yours by observing ESPHOME console and looking for sensor discovery
sensor:
  - platform: dallas
    address: 0x070000000d564b28  # your DS18B20 address
    name: "internal Temperature"

# Added i2c

# follow configure use for DS18B20 temperature sensor, SHT30 temperature and humidity sensor. WS2812B RGB LEDs.
i2c:
  sda: 4
  scl: 16
  scan: true
  id: bus_a

# Added First Lights
#light:
#  - platform: fastled_clockless
#    chipset: WS2812B
#    pin: GPIO32    # Pin Define connected with LED strip
#    num_leds: 4  #LEDs number
#    rgb_order: GRB
#    name: "Uair-Bottom-LED"# Example configuration entry
#
#    effects:
#      - addressable_rainbow:        ##defined 7 effects styles
#      - addressable_color_wipe:
#      - addressable_scan:
#      - addressable_twinkle:
#      - addressable_random_twinkle:
#      - addressable_fireworks:
#      - addressable_flicker:
#
do you means LED is:
# pin: GPIO32 # Pin Define connected with LED strip ?
ws2812 LED?