Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
KC868-A8 PCB updated V1.5
ANALOG_A1 32
ANALOG_A2 33
here is esp32 pin define details for A8 board: https://www.kincony.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=823
(04-20-2023, 03:03 PM)macek Wrote: Hi Kincony Admin

I'm going back to the subject of the input expansion board. The new product KC868-A8M has an additional (detachable) manual control button panel.
In a similar way, you can try to create a board with input extensions and connect it to the I2C port. The mainboards of KC868-A devices are the same size, have the same holes in the same places, so you can create a universal expansion board for all models.
What do you think abou it?

Best Regards
macek
(04-20-2023, 11:57 PM)admin Wrote: because if use by I2C extend board, the cable can't long, only <10cm is better. so we not suggest to use I2C extend way for extend GPIO by cable.
Hi Kincony Admin

However, after 10 months, the i2c io expander input board was created Smile. Cool, but why not as an expansion HAT? Many of us do not have an additional DIN RAIL space in the Power Distribution Box

Best Regads
macek
what's "HAT" means?
(02-27-2024, 10:23 PM)admin Wrote: what's "HAT" means?

Hardware Attached on Top (HAT) is a physical add-on module that connects to and extends the capabilities of single-board, term used in Raspberry Pi.
Kincony board KC868-A(x) have standard dimensions (maybe two sizes), have an IIC extender connector on the board, the new "i2c io expander input board" should be installed on top of the mainboard.

[Image: KC868-A8-1_03.png]