Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
KC868-A8 12v output?
Hey!

Im new and just discovered the Kincony relays and its probably the best solution for my problem

My goal is basically: I want to be able to get an event in home assistant when I press the RF remote or a toggle switch to open the garage/gate door, so I can create an automation primarily to turn on the lights at night
I would only use the Kincony relay for the garage door and gate, my lights are already connected to home assistant

eg
toggle switch button was pressed, garage door opens -> turn on lights for 5min
or RF remote button was pressed, garage door opens -> turn on lights for 5min

Im a bit confused on 2 things
It says on the website the outputs are "277VAC 10A, 125VAC 12A", and I see nearly all other relay described as AC output aswell, the garage door and the gate is a 12v relay, can I still connect it?
When I connect a normal toggle light switch on the inputs to open the garage, can I set it up in "hold" and "toggle" mode or how is that managed? 

Thank you!
1. 277VAC 10A is MAX support load ability. your door or gate, relay is enough to use. don't worry, no problem, relay both support use for DC and AC.
2. if you use our KC868-A series board, that made by ESP32, you can use ESPHome integrate to home assistant. ESPHome config file support use "hold" and "toggle" mode. here is some config details:
https://esphome.io/components/button/index.html
Thanks! I thought as much, but im not very good with electrical stuff so I better ask before I break something haha. I will be ordering soon! Smile
you are welcome.