Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MQTT connection issues (firmware v4.35)
Photo 
Hi,

I just received my H32B, upgraded to version 4.35 and configured it as follows (I only use wired Ethernet):

Unfortunately, the H32B does not connect to my Mosquitto MQTT broker although the MQTT Explorer running on my computer does, using the same credentials.

I tried to reset the configuration using the Ethernet mode button but it did not help.

Did I miss something in the configuration ?

Night update - it finally connected to the Mosquitto addon, without any additional action from my side.
I could set up all relays and inputs and restarted the KC868 to check whether it would re-establish the MQTT connection.
It actually did but after several minutes.

I then restarted the Mosquitto addon but this time the KC868 did NOT reconnect.
I waited for another 15 minutes and then power cycled the KC868.
But even after 10 minutes, it still did not connect to the MQTT broker.

It looks like the MQTT connection still needs work to become more reliable.
suggest you use ethernet mqtt is good. But your wifi setting is wrong. i think you want to set the wifi connect to your own router. you have set the work mode=STA, but you have not set the SSID for your router, also there is "HP-LPT230-AP". if the wifi SSID is wrong, so H32B will always try to connect to your wifi router. so set SSID for your router, try to have a test.
(08-16-2021, 10:49 PM)admin Wrote: suggest you use ethernet mqtt is good. But your wifi setting is wrong. i think you want to set the wifi connect to your own router. you have set the work mode=STA, but you have not set the SSID for your router, also there is "HP-LPT230-AP". if the wifi SSID is wrong, so H32B will always try to connect to your wifi router. so set SSID for your router, try to have a test.

thanks for your reply.
I want to have the Wifi completely disabled and read in this post that setting it to STA would do the trick.

However I still do not understand why conecting back to Mosquitto takes such a long time.
I currently use Raspberries Pi to monitor door and gate sensors, drive my furnace and irrigation of my plants and had hoped this device would be able to replace them all but the MQTT re-connection time has definitely to be improved - other devices (and addons) reconnect within seconds.
you can try to let H32B connect to your PC (install a Mosquitto) for a test. use a minisize system can find out the problem. Now no other customers have feedback MQTT connection is slowly, maybe you can check your network.