Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
KC868-Hx Alexa change luminosity
Hello, I bought the component to connect Alexa to my Home Domotic. Does it is possible to change the luminosity of the light? In Sinric or Alexa application I can change the luminosity, but from Alexa serial interface I read only RELAY-SET-255,2,1 (for ON) or RELAY-SET-255,2,0 (for OFF).
The KC868-Hx Alexa Voice Module does not change the "value", for example from 255 to 125 for 50% of luminosity. 
How it is possible to send the "value" to the serial port?

Thanks in advance

Massimo
if you have use KC868-Hx relay controller, that's output for ON/OFF lamp.
if you want to chagne brightness , you need use KC868-D8 controller, that's for dimmer, it support change brightness for lamp or LED strip.
also we have open the voice module source code, you can download from our website: https://www.kincony.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=34
there are arduino code for Alexa and Google home speaker. if you have interesting you just change the output command for dimmer is ok.
(11-22-2020, 02:15 AM)admin Wrote: we have open the voice module source code, you can download from our website: https://www.kincony.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=34
there are arduino code for Alexa and Google home speaker. if you have interesting you just change the output command for dimmer is ok.

Thanks for your answer. I noticed that the KC868-D8 controller does not have the RS232 port, but it would be a great upgrade to dimmer light using voice command.

Can you help me to change the output command for dimmer? I need to send a serial command with the dimmer value.

not only 
RELAY-SET-255,3,1
but also
RELAY-SET-XXX,3,1 where XXX is the value from 0 to 255

or
DIMMER-SEND-1,53
where 1 is channel-1,53 is the brightness for lamp

Thanks for your help
KC868-D8 have RS485 port, you can use RS232-RS485 adapter, it can convert to RS232.