Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
KC868-HA RS485 INPUT & OUTPUT plugin for ESPHome
I connected it like this. Right?

I measured the voltage relative to the positive supply. All outputs are about 1.2 volts, no change regardless of the command.

Attached Files Image(s)

if you connect LED with dc12v directly, you need to connect a current limiting resistor in series, if without resistor, i think the LED is bad now.
Of course I connected a resistor, but there is no output from the board, what should I do?

Attached Files Image(s)

when turn ON switch, Dx output about 0-1v is correctly. when turn OFF, it should be about 5v with Dx output terminal.
you can compare the level when you turn ON/OFF.
do you have another KC868-HA PCB? or only have one?
Hi Team!

I have just received my KC868-HAv2 and have the same problem.

I also bought one of your 6 gang switches and I wired them up exactly the same you did in your demo here.
 [Image: detail1_05.jpg]

When I press the buttons, these get correctly triggered in Home Assistant. But, if I try toggling on the switches in Home Assistant which should trigger the outputs of the KC868-HAv2 to turn on one of the LEDs in the switch, it doesnt work. But I can see in the ESPhome logs it sends the RS485 message.

I am running the latest ESPhome, the latest KC868-HA component (v3.0.0) and the latest firmware on the KC868-HAv2 (v200).

Any ideas?

Many thanks
take a photo how you wire, which switch panel you are using.
(12-16-2023, 01:17 PM)admin Wrote: take a photo how you wire, which switch panel you are using.

Please see the wiring in the photos.

I am using this switch panel: Kincony KC-LNW-306 according to the listing.

Here is the link to the listing i bought: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32998595...18028oT7RJ

Thank you

Attached Files Image(s)

becasue the BLACK switch LED ON when voltage = 0v or GND.
so you can test swtich panel firstly, not need HAv2 (remove HAv2), just short any pin D1-D6 with GND, check whether BUTTON's LED ON?
(12-17-2023, 01:22 AM)admin Wrote: becasue the BLACK switch LED ON when voltage = 0v or GND.
so you can test swtich panel firstly, not need HAv2 (remove HAv2), just short any pin D1-D6 with GND, check whether BUTTON's LED ON?

The switch LEDs work fine if i bridge GND and D1-D6.

But the HAv2 doesnt turn them on even when the "switch" is turned on from HA

use mulit meter test HAv2 OUTPUT1-6 when voltage will change if your turn ON/OFF on home assistant.