Smart Home Automation Forum

Full Version: inputs and outputs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, 
Finally received my KC868 server and so far its has been great setting it up. 
I am planning on putting this in my RV (camper van) .  i do have a question concerning inputs and outputs. In the camper van there are a few on/off switches for lights. There is some other switches that are momentary switches. Is there a way to change the programming to latch the relay . For example, if i press the momentary button, it should close the relay. Press the button again, release the relay. 

Thank you, 
John
here is terminal "Dry Contact (1—->16)" , just short with "GND", connect with your momentary switch will be work fine.
[attachment=997]
Perfect... thank you.

How about if you have switches like toggle. Flip a switch and its always on , flip it down to turn it off. How does those would work with server?

Thank you for your quick response.

John
you said : you are using momentary switch panel, now need to user toggle switch?
if you want to use toggle switch, you can also connect to "dry contact terminal", but you need to define the key function in home assistant. unlink the "dry contact terminal" trigger "output" in KC868-Server's ethernet webpage setting, then integrate to home asisstant by MQTT, define key function in home assistant.
(05-16-2022, 07:06 AM)admin Wrote: [ -> ]you said : you are using momentary switch panel, now need to user toggle switch?
if you want to use toggle switch, you can also connect to "dry contact terminal", but you need to define the key function in home assistant. unlink the "dry contact terminal" trigger "output" in KC868-Server's ethernet webpage setting, then integrate to home asisstant by MQTT, define key function in home assistant.
Yes, I have both style switches in the camper van. 

Thank you, will look into that.
ok