Smart Home Automation Forum

Full Version: "KCS" ADC SENSOR SET UP IN HOME ASSISTANT
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Hello,

Using "KCS" firmware, How can I set up ADC channels (1 and 2) of my KC868-A8 in Home Assistant using MQTT?

Thank you very much
here is KCS mqtt document: https://www.kincony.com/forum/attachment.php?aid=1779

the feedback will include all data:

{{"output1":{"value":true}},{"output2":{"value":false}},………{"input1":{"value":true}},{"input2":{"value":true}},………{"adc1":{"value":2610}},………{"dac1":{"value":10}},……}

such as the analog feedback is:
{"adc1":{"value":2610}}

so you can config in home assistant yaml as:

sensor:
– name: ‘A1’
unique_id: A1
state_topic: ‘KC868_A64/B48A0A404664/STATE’                        (if you are using A64, you can replace with other board model name)
unit_of_measurement: ‘%’                                (unit can change by yourself)
value_template: ‘{{ value_json.adc1.value }} ‘
(02-07-2023, 10:49 PM)admin Wrote: [ -> ]here is KCS mqtt document: https://www.kincony.com/forum/attachment.php?aid=1779

the feedback will include all data:

{{"output1":{"value":true}},{"output2":{"value":false}},………{"input1":{"value":true}},{"input2":{"value":true}},………{"adc1":{"value":2610}},………{"dac1":{"value":10}},……}

such as the analog feedback is:
{"adc1":{"value":2610}}

so you can config in home assistant yaml as:

sensor:
– name: ‘A1’
unique_id: A1
state_topic: ‘KC868_A64/B48A0A404664/STATE’                        (if you are using A64, you can replace with other board model name)
unit_of_measurement: ‘%’                                (unit can change by yourself)
value_template: ‘{{ value_json.adc1.value }} ‘
Thank you very much!
you are welcome.
Hi There,

i have this working aswell, however i find that on the webpage of the A8S, the value takes about 2 seconds to register under the monitor page, which is fine, but i am finding it can take up to a minute for the unit to send a new mqtt message to home assistant with the new value, how can i make this instant? i have tried going into the input settings and changing the threshold, but it has not changed antyhing, Thanks
which value feedback slowly? digital input? analog input? where you set the threshold. can you take a screen photo?
O.K Let me Explain

i am using an A8s, running KCS 1.0.15

now the digital inputs and relays are instant changes in the monitor page and into homeassistant via mqtt, the 2 analogue inputs i am using the +3.3V output on the board to a dry contact into Analogue 1 and 2, I'm using this in HA so i can get two extra inputs.

now when i activate the relay within 2 seconds i get a value in the web page monitor page of about 2453. however this value only comes to homeassistant via Mqtt after a digital input or an output activates, or if i reboot the A8S, i can confrim there is nothing in HA that is slowing down as i am listening to the mqqt. here is an example i have had 2543 as a value for the last 5 minutes, but as you can see adc1 is showing 0

{"input1":{"value":false},"input2":{"value":false},"input3":{"value":false},"input4":{"value":false},"input5":{"value":false},"input6":{"value":false},"input7":{"value":true},"input8":{"value":false},"output1":{"value":false},"output2":{"value":false},"output3":{"value":false},"output4":{"value":false},"output5":{"value":false},"output6":{"value":false},"output7":{"value":false},"output8":{"value":false},"adc1":{"value":0},"adc2":{"value":0},"adc3":{"value":0},"adc4":{"value":0}}

in the settings of the analogue input there are three options
Custom value1 ( value when adc/dac is 0 ):
Custom value2 ( value when adc/dac is max range ):

the above two all i find adds decimal points to the value and nothing else

Threshold ( Send mqtt when the change of sampling value is greater than it ):
this one above i think is the issue, and i have tried any values like 1 10. 100 1000 and this does not help with the issue.

any help would be greatly apprecated
next week, when we begin work, we will check.
(02-17-2023, 10:05 AM)admin Wrote: [ -> ]next week, when we begin work, we will check.

Thankyou Smile
we will fix this bug, update firmware soon, when have news, i will tell you.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5