Smart Home Automation Forum

Full Version: input sensors
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone, 

i would like to connect more than 1 sensor to the board. But in the description i read "1 connector for connecting temperature and other sensors" 

Did someone tried to connect more than 1 sensor to it or is there a multiplex module available ?
one GPIO for multi sensor?
we have demo for 1 GPIO for 10pcs DS18B20 sensors using KC868-A6 board, but if you want to use A8S, it's same.
(03-14-2023, 08:59 AM)admin Wrote: [ -> ]one GPIO for multi sensor?
we have demo for 1 GPIO for 10pcs DS18B20 sensors using KC868-A6 board, but if you want to use A8S, it's same.

Thank You ! this i will try! 

Is there a maximum ?

(03-14-2023, 04:22 PM)briansmit6@gmail.com Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-14-2023, 08:59 AM)admin Wrote: [ -> ]one GPIO for multi sensor?

Thank You ! this i will try! 

Is there a maximum or limit when using different type of sensors, in my case: 1 flood sensor and 2 temp sensors
no, can't use by different type of sensor, such as only use DS18B20 for multi sensors.
i don't know MAX number, it need to test. some people have used 30pcs also no problem.
Hello,

To connect more than one sensor to a board, you typically have a few options:

Sensor Multiplexing: If your board supports it, you can use sensor multiplexing. This involves using a multiplexer or a demultiplexer to switch between multiple sensors connected to a single connector. You would select the sensor you want to read data from by changing the configuration of the multiplexer.

Daisy Chaining: Some sensors are designed to be daisy-chained, where one sensor's output can be connected to the next sensor's input. This allows you to connect multiple sensors in a chain, but they must be compatible with this method.

I2C or SPI Bus: Many sensors use standard communication protocols like I2C or SPI. If your board and sensors support these protocols, you can connect multiple sensors to the same bus. Each sensor will have a unique address on the bus, and you can communicate with them individually.

Analog/Digital Pins: If the board has multiple analog or digital pins available, you can connect each sensor to a separate pin. This may require additional code to manage multiple sensors and their data.