Smart Home Automation Forum

Full Version: KS868-A16 Questions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everybody!

I am new to the ESP32 board and just got myself the KS868-A16.

My first choice was to use Arduino IDE to program my board.
After writing my first Sketch I found out the Debugging for the ESP32 board is not directly supported Cry
Has anyone found a working solution for this as I would like to be able to see status, test and troubleshoot my code.
Tried to Google the subject but has not been able to find an easy fix.

I have been looking at other options like Tasmota & ESPHome and Home Assistant.
Does any of those two platforms has a debugger?

I preferer a standalone system instead using a dedicated system.

My project is for the time being a small home control of 6pcs indoor light controls, time controlled outdoor night-light with 3pcs PIR and dimmer, armed-disarmed indoor alarm system with 4pcs PIR sensors.

Any recommendation to which platform to use, Arduino, Tasmota or ESPHome as I would like to write of standard code. 

Any feedback is appreciateded  Smile
if you want standalone system, you can use "tasmota" or "ESPHome" or kincony "KCS" fimrware. also you can write your own arduino code.
Can I add own arduino code to the KCS firmware
no, "KCS" just directly to use.
Thanks for the clarification to standalone system.

Does anybody have a reply to my question about a way to debugging in Arduino as I am not able to find an easy way from Google search?
we have many A6 arduino demo source code you can use.
just first step you should install the arduino IDE and config setting.
here is video tour: https://youtu.be/sQUVpHliHzo
here is our arduino lessons video tour playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...nkgAdy4gON
I have no problem with getting a Sketch up running.

My question is if somebody has got the debugger working?

I have done your suggested google search:
There are two requirements for support to be available for use of the Arduino IDE integrated debugger with the ESP32 boards:
  1. The debugger extension must have support for the ESP32 target
  2. The ESP32 boards platform authors must configure their platform to provide the necessary information to the debugger.

I am not able to find an easy way to get debugger running, has anybody found a work around?  Huh