Smart Home Automation Forum

Full Version: Get starded trouble
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,
i'm new to kincony products and looking for a server board able to substitute my old domotic home system (HAI Control - very old and out of production).
Looking at kincony products it seems to me that KC868 - Mini Server may be a correct choice.
My trouble is about software to use the mini server and control inputs and outputs as I would.
Following a list of question:
1) It seems to me that there are some free app that could communicate with the server locally or by remote via internet. The question is: the mini server has built in software to act as a server or I have to develop this part of the software myself?
2) The mini server have a built in software to communicate via RS485, or USB etc. or I have to develop this part of software?
3) There's a free PC software to configure, program and control the mini server or I must operate via Mobile Apps to do that?

To start is enough Smile  and thanks in advance.
1. you can install home assistant software (it's free and open source) to KinCony Server-Mini. Now without software, it's easy to install on a SD card, then insert to box. you not need to develop software, just config it.
2. if intsalled home assistant, it will support RS485 port and USB port, not need to develop. because it's a raspberry pi Linux computer.
3. home assistant is free, it can use by pc , mobile phone, it have mobile phone app for iOS and android phone.
Thank you very much. Now I'm going to better understand.
Next question:
To run home assistant on Kincony Mini Server I must have the CM4 Raspeberry Pi module or buying the Mini Server without the CM4 module it's sufficient?
Thanks
if you buy KinCony Server-Mini without CM4, use your own CM4 module. But if you want to install home assistant, MUST need CM4 module.