Smart Home Automation Forum

Full Version: Module sim7670C cannot send messages, cannot call, nor receive messages or calls! Ple
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everybody! I'm new to the 7670C sim module and currently I still don't know how to configure it to receive, send messages and calls.
I sent AT commands to it and it responded OK. But when I send messages and calls, it cannot make or receive calls and messages. Look forward to the help. Thank you so much!

[attachment=3847]
[attachment=3848]
[attachment=3849]
do you have set the SMS service number firstly? you can insert your SIM card to your mobile phone have a test, whether can send SMS and make voice call.
(01-05-2024, 12:56 AM)admin Wrote: [ -> ]do you have set the SMS service number firstly? you can insert your SIM card to your mobile phone have a test, whether can send SMS and make voice call.

Thank you for your early response. I have set the message center number and inserted the sim card completely. But it can't actually send or receive messages. I add that I have used this sim well with modules 800C and 900A.
Code:
AT+CPIN?
+CPIN: READY
OK

AT+CSCA?
+CSCA: "+84900000023",145
OK
Code:
AT
OK

AT+CMGF=1
OK

AT+CMGS="0913856555"
>
HELLO!
+CMS ERROR: Network timeout
check this sim card in your mobile phone.
(01-05-2024, 03:40 AM)admin Wrote: [ -> ]check this sim card in your mobile phone.

I have tested all three sims and they all work fine on the mobile phone I am using. But when tested on SIM 7670C as mentioned above, one of them failed to work with messages and phone calls. The remaining 2 SIM cards respond OK to AT commands but they also have errors, one shows an error message: SIM not inserted.
AT+CPIN?
+CME ERROR: SIM not inserted
And the third sim says busy.
AT+CPIN?
+CME ERROR: SIM busy
I have tested a few sim 7670C modules but all have the same problem. Really don't understand what's going on?
check your power supply for SIM7670, it need large current when working.
i have seen your photo, power supply by USB port, i think it's not enough for SIMCOM module.
Thank you! I finally found it
reason.