Smart Home Automation Forum

Full Version: Scan Device List Not Working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have purchased the A8S v2. I have the USB cable and the device seems to be connected to port 3. I have connected the ethernet cable to that port on the device. I have downloaded the Flash_download_tool_3.9.2 and believe that I have updated the firmware with the KCS_KC868_A8S_v2.1.0.bin file. I now am trying to use the "SCAN DEVICE LIST" to find the device. I cannot update the static IP yet when I click the StartMonitorPort it says "The selected-ip maybe an invalid one, pls set the static ip first!" How can I do this?
maybe you have use your computer by wifi, click the "drop-down menu" , chose Wifi, then press "StartMonitorPort" button, then press "SCAN" will find the board.
make sure after you download firmware, MUST re power on of your board.
(01-17-2024, 10:17 PM)BeAlarmed Wrote: [ -> ]I have purchased the A8S v2. I have the USB cable and the device seems to be connected to port 3. I have connected the ethernet cable to that port on the device. I have downloaded the Flash_download_tool_3.9.2 and believe that I have updated the firmware with the KCS_KC868_A8S_v2.1.0.bin file. I now am trying to use the "SCAN DEVICE LIST" to find the device. I cannot update the static IP yet when I click the StartMonitorPort it says "The selected-ip maybe an invalid one, pls set the static ip first!" How can I do this?

I am not sure that I have downloaded the correct file to the KC868 A8S v2 board. As I stated above I downloaded the firmware  "KCS_KC868_A8S_v2.1.0.bin" to my new board as I could not find the "KC868-A64-V.1.0.9.bin" file as shown on the snip below. What is the correct version and where is it located?
if you are using A8S v2 board, just download this BIN file: https://www.kincony.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=3791
chose A8S, v1 and v2 use same firmware. after download, reboot, if also no ethenret, add whatsapp number: +86-15381188302 we will use ANYDESK remote control your computer to help you.