Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Switch Board All On / All Off
the All On and All Off function of the switch board, will turn on all the 32 switches that is attached to the switch board,   but what if i like only switch 1 to switch 8 to turn on all at the same time and switch 9 to switch 16 to turn on and off at the same time, is this possible, how do we do it
if you use switch terminal board's port directly connect to button, "ALL ON" and "ALL OFF" is for all relays control.
if you want some relays ON and OFF, you should add KC868-COL logical controller, it can define any relays ON and OFF ,even if automatic control relay.
I have a home grown low voltage lighting control system in my house and I am looking for a suitable replacement since it is over 40 years old. It still works, but if anything were to go out it would be impossible to get it fixed.

The Kcontrol components look like they would be an alternative replacement with a few exceptions.

My house has “All ON” and “All OFF” functions for various rooms in the house from as many as 8 lights to as few as 2. Has any thought been given to offer the switch board module with lessor inputs of say 6 to 8, or at least offer an input controller that is programmable without all the extras that the KC686-COL has. In my case, I do not need the analog inputs, or any of the extra inputs that it has, I just need to control “on or off” for various groups of lights.

Thanks
if you don't want use KC868-COL, another way is use relay board with switch terminal board indepently. like 8 channel relay board+switch terminal board; 4 channel relay board+switch terminal board......
(01-11-2021, 06:25 AM)admin Wrote: if you don't want use KC868-COL, another way is use relay board with switch terminal board indepently. like 8 channel relay board+switch terminal board; 4 channel relay board+switch terminal board......

If I understand correctly, you are saying use a 32 channel input board + 8 channel relay board for each room I would like to control with "ALL ON" or "ALL OFF"? Thats a lot of unused inputs and panel space for such a simple function. Why not offer smaller i.e. 4,8,16 input versions of the switch input board?
Existing 2; 4; 8; 16; 32 relays controllers.
https://www.kincony.com/product/relay-controller
(01-11-2021, 09:03 PM)Philadam Wrote:
(01-11-2021, 06:25 AM)admin Wrote: if you don't want use KC868-COL, another way is use relay board with switch terminal board indepently. like 8 channel relay board+switch terminal board; 4 channel relay board+switch terminal board......

If I understand correctly, you are saying use a 32 channel input board + 8 channel relay board for each room I would like to control with "ALL ON" or "ALL OFF"? Thats a lot of unused inputs and panel space for such a simple function. Why not offer smaller i.e. 4,8,16 input versions of the switch input board?

for your case, use KC868-COL is best solution. COL with H32 relay board and many relay board with switch terminal board, cost almost same.
I ordered the switch module and KC686-h32l to test out, but from the responses I've gotten, I am not optimistic.
another way is use scene mode create by your phone, some relay for lamp mode , some relay for motor mode. that only control by phone app.
I think you failed to read my entire first post. I have an older wired low voltage lighting system whose functionality needs to be retained. That includes the "all off" & "all on" functions. Rewiring the house is not an option. While phone apps are neat they are not an option. 

Without going into a lot of detail, I need wire to wire functionality.

Thanks