Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Smart Home Hardware
Hello all,
Which one of your product do you recommend for home automation.
I have RaspberryPi with home assistant. I would like to control blinds and lights via HA and also via manual wall switches. And later adding some sensors and stuff…
I was looking at Kincony relay module but there is so many options that I dont know which to choose for the best output.

Here is shematic what I would like to achieve.

suggest you use KC868-H32BS controller + KC868-E16 (extend 16A relay module). here is details of diagram:
https://www.kincony.com/din-rail-relay-module.html
let your switch button (just dry contact switch panel) connect to KC868-H32BS' switch teminal directly. Then use MQTT integrate H32BS with home assistant.
here is how to integrate controller with home assistant by MQTT video tour:
https://youtu.be/Yrat7hVzXRw
Thank you very much for answer Smile

Is it also possible to make the same with:

1.) Controller H32L with Expansion Terminal for switches, or
2.) Controller H32B with Expansion Terminal for switches

H32L is stop produce now. H32B+switch terminal board can use. just some new functions only support by H32BS, such as define switch button for 1 click, double-click, 3 click .... 6 click , hold on, these can define one button for different actions.
Just i would like to add and correct me if i'm wrong
If the liad of lighting and shutters are 220v - 3-4 A each i suggest Kc868-HxxB
The terminal output can connect to 220 source and control llight and shutters, if your liad or part of it need more than 19A , 16A or more then you need to split the low loads to B type and higher liad to BS type and add the E16 module that contain relay with 12 v coil and use the dry contact for high ampere load.
Or
Use B type for all and high amp load use contactors with 220 v coil.
Regarding the answer of just some new functions only support by H32BS, such as define switch button for 1 click, double-click, 3 click .... 6 click , hold on, these can define one button for different actions.
This not clear to me, may be it is need to see you tube for latest update of the differences between B type and BS
The advantage of B type can use output directly to connect to 220 v while BS it is a must to conne t to E16 that include relays with 12 v coil either if load is low, this mean huge space consuned for E16 modules while B is only the controller.
(02-18-2022, 10:49 PM)ahmedk4444@yahoo.com Wrote: Just i would like to add and correct me if i'm wrong
If the liad of lighting and shutters are 220v - 3-4 A each i suggest Kc868-HxxB
The terminal output can connect to 220 source and control llight and shutters, if your liad or part of it need more than 19A , 16A or more then you need to split the low loads to B type and higher liad to BS type and add the E16 module that contain relay with 12 v coil and use the dry contact for high ampere load.
Or
Use B type for all and high amp load use contactors with 220 v coil.

you are right, if you are using HxB controller , need use by 16A, you can also use KC868-E16 connect to HxB relay output, but this time, let HxB relay output DC12V to control KC868-E16. just use small relay control large relay ON/OFF.
(02-18-2022, 10:56 PM)ahmedk4444@yahoo.com Wrote: Regarding the answer of just some new functions only support by H32BS, such as define switch button for 1 click, double-click, 3 click .... 6 click , hold on, these can define one button for different actions.
This not clear to me, may be it is need to see you tube for latest update of the differences between B type and BS
The advantage of B type can use output directly to connect to 220 v while BS it is a must to conne t to E16 that include relays with 12 v coil either if load is low, this mean huge space consuned for E16 modules while B is only the controller.

because H32BS have 32 switch button input ports, so that can define switch button for 1 click, double-click, 3 click .... 6 click , hold on function for MQTT message.