Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
questions!
Hello

I'm looking to buy the KC868-A16 for my home automation. 
My current switches use 24v hardwired. So when pressed a 24v channel goes and turns on the light.

Can I use that signal and put in the digital input so I know that the button is pressed? And when it's pressed use the KC868-A16 to send a digital output signal of 24v to turn it on?

thanks in advance
KC868-A16's digital input MAX support DC12V, you can convert DC24v to DC12v connect to DI. the A16 MOSFET output can output DC24V, just connect Vin with your extend power supply via DC24V.
Hello

Thank you for your kind answer!! If there is no internet, will the action still be preformed? So when I press the button, the binary sensor reads the signal and sends a 24v to the light?
I would use ESPhome and home assistant.

I would love to buy 3 KC868-A16. Is it possible to use one 12V VDC power supply? How many A is needed?
If there is no internet, will the action still be preformed? Yes, no problem, ESP32 work in locally, not need internet, binary sensor can trigger with output DC24v to light.

one DC12v power supply for 3 KC868-A16 is no problem . every KC868-A16 work <500mA. the Vin power for output is important, that power supply current and power according to your load's current.
Hello,

So I buy 3 KC868-A16, I would need a DC12v power supply with at least 1500mA?
i think you can chose a DC12V 2A is enough. it's easy to buy , commonly used in market.
There isn't an option to make a version that supports 24v on the inputs and also works on 24v?

Would make my life easier without have to change a lot of wiring
KC868-A16 pcb work with DC12v, if you have DC24v, use a adapter convert to DC12v is ok.
the output can use DC24v, just connect Vin port with DC24v, so that output DC24v for extend relay or other device.
Thank you for your answers.

I will probally wait till you release the KC868-A32 and buy two then.

Will this power supply be good enough:

https://www.velleman.eu/products/view/?id=383832
yes, MW is good.