Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Initial setup Vircom not detecting
I purchased and was sent KC868 4 channel relay. I was sent KC868-H4B without the housing. I downloaded the documentation from the Kincony site KC868-H4 including Vircom tool.
I need to give a brief config foirst before I get to the problem.
I plugged in the LAN connector to my home network. I checked the router and found the IP 192.168.1.200. I can ping and I can connect to a configuration page. Shows LAN and Wifi setup. The first thing I found off. I cold not find the wifi called ZLAN as the Wifi on this setup was pre-configured to LPT-HF230-AP. I can find that wifi signal on my laptop. I cannot however change the IP in the setup. The static IP appears to be stuck on 176.0.0.0 for all 3 settings (IP, subnet, gateway). I try to toggle to DHCP. It goes to all zeros after reset. I than go back to static and try to put it on a subnet range the same as my laptop and lock the laptop to the LPT-230 wifi. When the 868 resets it goes back to the 176.0.0.0 which is not a valid IP and subnet. The important item  is that my LAN cable is plugged in and connected to my network. I can ping and connect to the 868-H4.

I open the Vircom tool v5.28. I start the service. Says listening on port 4196 which is what the web config page says same. I go to Device Manage and Auto. Cannot find the device. So what am I missing here or not doing correctly?

I can communicate with the H4 from the CW PC tool. I can activate the relays and can see the LEDS for the relays  toggle on and of. I also shorted the inputs and the status update in the CX app on my PC. I installed the KBOX app on my android. I can turn on the relays but have no idea how to configure the inputs as the status does not update. I show all 8 inputs as red even though I only have a 4 channel unit.

I want to eventually hook this up through your smart home controller as I wish to monitor several doors and be able to activate to door locks remotely. I also need the input status as to whether the door is open or not.
because you have use the new verison controller. KC868-H4B never need use VirCom config tool, just login by IP in network browser to config all network settings.
when you received the KC868-HxB Controller, how to begin?
https://www.kincony.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=41