Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
KC868-A32 configure for ESPhome
(03-03-2023, 10:34 AM)admin Wrote: about I2C bus setting in ESPHome, there ia a "frequency" setting.
details see here: https://esphome.io/components/i2c.html

I tried increaing (and lowering) to a wide range of frequencies and none of them worked. 
Using a multimeter I can touch the various GPIO and they trigger as expected.

When originally testing on a small ESP32 we had to add a resistor from the 3V connector to the GPIO the PIR was connected to in order for it is register. Does that help clarify what we might need to do with the A32 board?
do you want to send RF or IR signal?
(03-04-2023, 12:48 AM)admin Wrote: do you want to send RF or IR signal?

Send IR signal.

To clarify, there are two issues I'm trying to resolve:
1. Using a radio_transmitter - I can't select the pcf8574 for the pin
2. None of the 7 PIR sensors I have connected are reporting a signal

The main one I'd like to get resolve is the PIR sensors. I've tried adjusting the frequency setting on the i2c settings but nothing worked. I was only trying randomly though - is there a specific frequency it would need to be set to and, if so, how would I find that out?
1. PCF8574 GPIO can't use for send IR signal. i have told you set the IIC bus frequency is for testing IR, now it confirmed, can't use by PCF8574 GPIO, if you want to use A32 send IR signal, chose a free GPIO for ESP32, then you can have a testing. i don't know your IR sender module circuit, maybe it only need a ESP32 GPIO connect to it directly.
2. you can test short digital input with GND for trigger, if it's ok in ESPHome. i think you can set the PIR, usually open it, have a "NC" or "NO" jumper. maybe you need to change it, just let it dry contact output, chose "NO".
Hello,

please, which pins are for ModBus comunications on this board?

uart:
  id: mod_bus
  tx_pin: ?
  rx_pin: ?

Thank you very much for the answer.

Ladislav
RS485:
RXD:GPIO16
TXD:GPIO14

modbus by RS485
Thumbs Up 
(12-24-2023, 11:32 AM)admin Wrote: RS485: