Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
KC868-UAIR ESPHOME Config for IR and RF
I've recently received a bare board for a KC868-UAIR as the original shipped with the tower case didn't work.  I've got the new board working with ESPHOME and Home Assistant using the config I was given and that works fine.  But the config didn't cover the buzzer, the IR receiver/transmitter and RF receiver/transmitter.  These are advertised features, so I want to make sure the new board works.  I got the buzzer working ok, but I'm struggling with the IR and RF.

I've been asked by the supplier to make a post here, so here it is :-)

What I've done so far is to try to read IR codes using the guide is ESPHOME located here:
https://esphome.io/components/remote_tra...p-infrared

Using the tech info on the KC868-UAIR I've added the following to my ESPHOME confg given the data located here:
https://www.kincony.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=1438

remote_receiver:
  pin: GPIO19
  dump: all

With that, the ESPHOME log says that the pin is high initially and that I should invert it.  Anyway, I placed the TV remote close the front of the board where the IR receiver is next to the USB ports and no data was received.  The TV did receive them as I have the TV directly behind the board and the TV worked (volume up/down)

So I inverted the pin with

remote_receiver:
  pin:
    number: GPIO19
    inverted: true

and while ESPHOME no longer suggested I needed to invert the pin, I still do not get any data being dumped out to the console.  I can see other messages like the temperature changes just fine.

Has anyone got a config that works for these extra devices as access to these was an important reason for my purchase?
433M receiver:GPIO13
433M sender:GPIO2

IR receiver  GPIO19
IR sender GPIO22

the Uair RF receiver GPIO is 13

so your 433M receiver config is:
# Example configuration entry
remote_receiver:
  pin: GPIO13

Uair IR receiver config is: 

remote_receiver:
  pin: 19
i suggest you test RF/IR one of functions firstly. use IR or use RF test firstly. decode need ESP32 many resource.
(05-11-2022, 01:10 AM)admin Wrote: 433M receiver:GPIO13
433M sender:GPIO2

IR receiver  GPIO19
IR sender GPIO22

the Uair RF receiver GPIO is 13

so your 433M receiver config is:
# Example configuration entry
remote_receiver:
  pin: GPIO13

Uair IR receiver config is: 

remote_receiver:
  pin: 19

Thanks for the thought.  I've put in the Uair IR receiver config as per your suggestion and I still do not get any IR data.  I do still get the warning from ESPHOME about the pin being high to begin with.

(05-11-2022, 01:13 AM)admin Wrote: i suggest you test RF/IR one of functions firstly. use IR or use RF test firstly. decode need ESP32 many resource.

Yes I am indeed just trying the IR receiver first, nothing else.  But in the end I want both IR and RF receiver and transmitter to work as per the advertised functionality.  Are you saying the KC868-UAIR will not be able to do this?
warning is no problem, can you take a photo , how you wire and your setting screen.
(05-11-2022, 07:17 AM)admin Wrote: warning is no problem, can you take a photo , how you wire and your setting screen.

I've enclosed the log file rather than a photo.  There is no wiring to the device at all other than a USB power source is plugged into the right hand USB socket.  I'm not sure what you mean by my setting screen, but if you mean the ESPHOME config, then I've uploaded that as well.  If you mean something else by the settings screen, just let me know!

Attached Files
.txt   logs_kc868-uair_upload.txt (Size: 7.07 KB / Downloads: 299)
.txt   config.txt (Size: 1.83 KB / Downloads: 298)
can you change a USB cable or connect to another USB port, maybe low voltage of power supply 5V.
(05-11-2022, 10:13 AM)admin Wrote: can you change a USB cable or connect to another USB port, maybe low voltage of power supply 5V.

I've tried 3 known to be good USB cables and I test them using a USB Disk drive.  The cable that was delivered with the KC868-UAIR itself doesn't work with the USB drive and also doesn't show any information back when I do an lsusb with the KC868-UAIR plugged in to my laptop, so I don't use that cable.

There is no other port I can plug into on the KC868-UAIR as the left hand USB port is for connecting additional modules.  If you mean a different USB port on my computer, I've tried other ports and get the same result.  In testing though I don't use the USB on my machine to provide power, I use a 5W Apple charger.  I've also used a 1A charger for a raspberry pi4 and a 1A charger for a Samsung phone.  All give the same result with all the 3 known good USB cables.

Some more information if you suspect a power issue:

I can turn on both sets of lights on the device as well as the buzzer all at the same time and they work.  I would have thought the IR receiver I'm testing would need far less power than those devices?

I can upload my ESPHOME config to the KC868-UAR with wireless and again I would have thought that wifi would use far more power than the IR receiver?

Do you know of any other way of testing the IR and RF?  I could use an Arduino sketch for testing - ultimately though I want to use ESPHOME as this is one of the advertised interfaces and the Arduino interface that used to be supported by Home Assistant is no longer supported.
can you take photo of your Uair and usb cable connection or take a video of your problem, send to our whatsapp number: +86-15381188302 need see some details. KC868-Uair must can use IR and RF, other people work well.
(05-12-2022, 12:09 AM)admin Wrote: can you take photo of your Uair and usb cable connection or take a video of your problem, send to our whatsapp number: +86-15381188302  need see some details. KC868-Uair must can use IR and RF, other people work well.

I've sent the video to that number in whatsapp.  I'm glad other people have IR and RF working.  Perhaps you can send me a copy of the complete ESPHOME config for those devices so I can use that to make sure I have the same as them.  Just a thought.  Let me know what else you would like me to do.