Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
KC868-UAIR screws for case
I will be swapping the board in a KC868-UAIR case over at some point because the original board didn't work.  I see there are 2 small screws securing the board into the bottom of the case but I'm not able to see what size and head the screws are because they are in quite a deep well.  I've zoomed in with my iphone and got good lighting in place, but the screws are so tiny, I'm not able to make out what type of screw driver to use.  I don't want to strip the heads taking them out, so does anyone know what screws these are?  There is a video of someone assembling the case, but it doesn't explain this.
tomorrow take a KC868-Uair case and pcb assembling video to you.
That.s very kind. I have a wide variety of screwdriver heads, so something that says which ones you use would be very helpful.
Supporting screw size: PA 2.3mm x 6mm (diameter * height), or we can use as photo's size.

Thanks for doing that and for anyone else with the same question, I think a clear photo of just the head itself would be handy :-)

What is a PA screw head as I've done extensive searches and I cannot find that one!
PA is just the abbreviation of our model. It has no special meaning. If you want high-definition photos, take them on Monday.
(05-20-2022, 08:35 AM)admin Wrote: PA is just the abbreviation of our model. It has no special meaning. If you want high-definition photos, take them on Monday
Thanks it's the type of screw head that I really need to know.  I might be able to tell from the photo, so I look forward to taking a look at that.  If I cannot, perhaps you can ask your supplier what type they are.
will give you photo on Monday, Monday is our work day.

perfect.  That looks to me to be a Phillips domed head.  It's not a Posidrive as it doesn't have the extra 45 degree tick marks on it.  Many thanks. 
Later ... I managed to get them out OK, but I've noticed one of them has a stripped head, so whoever put them in might have been using the wrong driver to put them in.  Anyway, I can buy a replacement locally no problem.

Many thanks!