Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dimmer D8 lost Ethernet connection after reset
Question 
Hi! I was just setting up a KC868-D8 dimmer controller that I bought some time ago.

Initially, it came up without problems, and I was able to control the one dimmer circuit I attached to it using the Web interface. Cool . It got an IP from the DHCP server in the LAN, I have it configured to give addresses in the 172.22.0.0/16 range.

Then I changed the passwords, since I don't like to have default passwords around for security. The server came back up again, but I couldn't log in, though I'm pretty sure I entered the correct password. So, thinking it would reset the password, I hit the reset button.

But now to the biggest problem: It does not connect to my network now.

I see no traffic from it in my logs, it doesn't contact the DHCP server, its MAC is listed as incomplete with arp, and there is also no response at 192.168.1.200:4196 (which is not strange, since that address wouldn't be allowed in my network).

What could be the reason for this and how do I fix it?

Could it possibly be that it insists on the 192.168.1.200 address, and so it doesn't ask the DHCP server?
Network Reset:

if you forgot the IP addrss of your dimmer controller. You can hold on the reset button beside RJ45 port for about 3 seconds, and the KC868-D8 controller will automatically return to the following worke mode:

IP:192.168.1.200
Port:4196
Work Mode:TCP Server

so if you pressed the "reset" button, the ip will change to 192.168.1.200 with static ip. so now you can login with 192.168.1.200 then change network to "DHCP". make sure your computer also set ip address with 192.168.1.x
Right, I was aware of that, but my network didn't allow that static address to be set, and so it was no way that I could get in. I had to set up a provisional network that did allow that static address, and then it worked out. Thanks!
another way is use network cable connect dimmer controller with your computer directly, set your computer ip address by 192.168.1.X, so that can login with dimmer then change the dimmer network mode to "DHCP"