Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
KC868-COL IFTTT documentation?
Hello,

My wife and I are currently evaluating automation solutions for our countryside house. We have narrowed down to two alternatives:
- Kincony KC868-H32L+ KC868-D8+ KC868-COL+ KC868 button switch module
- a Bulgarian competitor that offers a builtin web server on his controllers. I will not name them. I am polite.

Can you please document how to write an IFTTT rule to the KC868-COL using only free and open source software (Linux, netcat, python, whatever)? "No" is a perfectly valid answer. I suspect this might be a bit more complicated than just
"
Code:
echo -n RELAY-SET-1,1,1 | nc IP PORT
or a similar tcp oneliner, but who knows. I would very much appreciate if your team could invest some time in documenting the ifttt writing for us!

The Kincony offering looks more suited to our needs, but the Windows only tooling you offer gives us an uncomfortable feeling. I've used free and open source software exclusively since 1998, and so has my wife since we met. We like to know what we're doing. We want to feel in control.

Kind regards,

ff

P.S. In general, it looks like an investment in higher quality written documentation would immensely benefit your product's success in the western world. Videos are nice, but they take a lot of time, and they don't replace proper documentation. If your company's financial situation allows for it, I wouldn't hesitate increasing the investment in high quality written documentation. Have a look at how your Bulgarian competitors do it. They are also a small firm.

P.P.S. I don't know about your turnover, but using a warehouse or reseller in the EU might also benefit your sales here quite a bit...
all our products is open protocol, now the new version of logical controller is KC868-COLB and relay controller is KC868-H32B.
we can supply protocol of KC868-COL/COLB, but now only is Chinese language document, I think you can use Google to translate. also the PC software of KC868-COL have a debug mode for software developing , you can see what command is sent and what is received. I suggest you can config IFTTT by our PC software, if you write the code,it's a little complicated. our relay controller use ansi string format protocol, but COL/COLB use HEX format protocol.
(02-21-2021, 02:33 AM)admin Wrote: all our products is open protocol
That is very good news.

(02-21-2021, 02:33 AM)admin Wrote: all our products is open protocol, now the new version of logical controller is KC868-COLB and relay controller is KC868-H32B.
we can supply protocol of KC868-COL/COLB, but now only is Chinese language document, I think you can use Google to translate. also the PC software of KC868-COL have a debug mode for software developing , you can see what command is sent and what is received. I suggest you can config IFTTT by our PC software, if you write the code,it's a little complicated. our relay controller use ansi string format protocol, but COL/COLB use HEX format protocol.
Please consider keeping offering both the wired+wifi version and the wired only version. We would like to buy the wired only version. More people might be interested in that.

Quote:we can supply protocol of KC868-COL/COLB, but now only is Chinese language document, I think you can use Google to translate.
That looks like it could be a very helpful document indeed. What is the public URL where I can find it? I would like to know before I buy.

Quote:also the PC software of KC868-COL have a debug mode for software developing , you can see what command is sent and what is received.
Thank you. That looks like it would make implementing the practice of the protocol in Python easier indeed.

Quote:our relay controller use ansi string format protocol, but COL/COLB use HEX format protocol.
Again, thank you for the hint.

On your Chinese language website https://www.hificat.com/news/research/1555.html , I read "6. Use web pages to realize the setting of various network parameters ". Does this web interface include ifttt write functionality? That would be another way to solve most of my problem I guess...

I wouldn't be the only person to be really happy with a gradual move from a Windows only program to an on-device web based program.
Hello,

I found https://www.hificat.com/download/Disk_KC868-COL_CN.rar containing on the Chinese language version of your website, but it doesn't seem to contain any IFTTT related documentation. Looking forward to receiving this.

Kind regards,

ff
give me your email, i send to you, if you translated to English language, hope can share your document for other people.Thanks.
(02-22-2021, 01:40 AM)admin Wrote: give me your email, i send to you, if you translated to English language, hope can share your document for other people.Thanks.

Hello,

I've just sent you a private message with the email address to send the Chinese language document to.

Kind regards,

ff
Email have sent to you.
(02-22-2021, 12:17 PM)admin Wrote: Email have sent to you.

Thank you. I have received it.
Hello,

I've spent a few hours getting a machine translation somewhat presentable. The preliminary result is available at https://github.com/markvdb/kc868col/ .

I have MIT licensed my contributions, so you can put this into an official public hzkincony git repo. If you agree to MIT license the copy of the original document you sent to me obviously.

Just please don't dump this in a place not open to contributions (your website, ...) as is, as it still needs quite a bit of improvement.

Kind regards,

ff

P.S. As you mentioned you were giving away AliExpress discount coupons, feel free to send me one.
send your Aliexpress account to our email.