Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
rough plan, please comment
Hello,

I made this rough plan. Please comment. Two questions in particular:

1) Does the KC868-COL allow both RS232 interfaces to be used in the way as described in the picture? I want to be able to do local IFTTT to all connected devices...
2) Do my IR panels require contactors to put them behind the KC868-H32L relay? I see the relays are rated for 10A, and the IR panels consume 900W at 230V, so less than 4A, but there are probably more things than amperage to consider?

Kind regards,

ff

Attached Files Image(s)

I was lucky in the sense that I had to prioritise other projects and in the mean time, the KC86-A* series came out. I feel so much more comfortable running esphome on those.

I bought a kc868-ai to test and it seems to perform well. I'm planning to do all binary sensing using kc868-ai modules.

For temperature sensing, I'm very much hoping to use the upcoming(?) Kincony temperature sensing boards. Should this not materialise, I would have to build something myself using another esp32 board with ethernet and a solderless breadboard. That would really be a pity, because the point of using Kincony gear is as a test and demo case for my small home automation business.
1. if you want to use KC868-COL, suggest use KC868-COLB, KC868-COL is stop produce now, it have replaced with new version KC868-COLB, both support ethernet and wifi and mqtt. these two RS232 use for KinCony's "switch terminal board" for relay controller, not use for KC868-D8.

How some old prodcts have stop produce, KC868-COLB replace with new version KC868-COLB, KC868-D8 replace with new version KC868-D16, KC868-H32L replace with new version KC868-H32B or H32BS or H32B Pro. The newest version is KC868-H32B Pro, it's the most powerful, support Tuya app.
"switch terminal board" replace with new version KC868-AK, because new version will support one button define by user for "one-click", "double-click", "hold on" differernt mode with different actions.

we suggest let your all KinCony's controller, connect to same router by network cable.

2. not use full current for relay. we suggest use extend relay or extend contact will be more safety and stable. if small current load, such as curtain motor, that can connect with relay controller directly.

3. about the temperature board, we will release new board after China New Year Holidays, that one board will connect with two temperature sensor by ESP32, also will include two relay and buzzer.