Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
KC868-A64 DS18B20
Hi 

i have one KC868-E16S and i am planning to buy one A64. so i want to connect temperature sensors. now i see that there is no connector like the A8 has... so no solution to connect those 1-wire sensors?
KC868-A64 support analog sensor (dc 0-5v) , i2c sensor directly. if you want to use 1-wire sensor, you can connect to one of serial port's pin on the PCB. just need add a pull-up resistance.
(09-15-2022, 01:30 PM)admin Wrote: KC868-A64 support analog sensor (dc 0-5v) , i2c sensor directly. if you want to use 1-wire sensor, you can connect to one of serial port's pin on the PCB. just need add a  pull-up resistance.

Your kc868-a series product series look very interesting. The kc868-ai in particular looks like a great fit for home automation.

I have star topology cat5e wiring. I would love a product that would let me connect multiple 1-wire sensors (ds18b20, ...) cleanly. Without soldering pull-up resistors. Just like you enabled for binary sensor input.

Is that something on your road map?
multiple 1-wire sensor (DS18B20) can use by one GPIO port, such as this photo, 10pcs of DS18B20 work with one port of KC868-A4
[Image: attachment.php?aid=1398]
(09-19-2022, 03:18 PM)flatulentflamingo Wrote:
(09-15-2022, 01:30 PM)admin Wrote: KC868-A64 support analog sensor (dc 0-5v) , i2c sensor directly. if you want to use 1-wire sensor, you can connect to one of serial port's pin on the PCB. just need add a  pull-up resistance.

Your kc868-a series product series look very interesting. The kc868-ai in particular looks like a great fit for home automation.

I have star topology cat5e wiring. I would love a product that would let me connect multiple 1-wire sensors (ds18b20, ...) cleanly. Without soldering pull-up resistors. Just like you enabled for binary sensor input.

Hi, how to read temperature from DS18B20 in KC868-A64 using ESPHome?

# Example configuration entry
dallas:
  - pin: ???????????????????????????????

# Individual sensors
sensor:
  - platform: dallas
    address: 0x1C0000031EDD2A28
    name: "Living Room Temperature"
(09-15-2022, 01:30 PM)admin Wrote: KC868-A64 support analog sensor (dc 0-5v) , i2c sensor directly. if you want to use 1-wire sensor, you can connect to one of serial port's pin on the PCB. just need add a pull-up resistance.

i have already said at here.
(09-19-2022, 03:18 PM)- flatulentflamingo Wrote:

Thank you. I understand that. I have implemented ds18b20 like that before. It looks bad. It is more difficult to maintain than it should be. The most likely to go wrong would be a 1-wire bus unhappy with the sensor network topology. I want a clean, maintainable, wired solution.

My dream board for temperature sensing I would call KC868-AT:
- ESP32 board
- all free gpio's exposed
- per gpio: 4.7k Ohm pullup resistor between vcc and data preinstalled on board
- per gpio: screw terminals for vcc, data and gnd on a removable screw terminal block
- ethernet (like KC868-AI, KC-868-A16, ...)
- (optional) a set of ds18b20 sensors and wago style clamps to connect them
- ready-to-go esphome config

This should be relatively easy to build with 8 temperature sensor slots. No need even for any gpio extenders.

Will you please build this? I will buy a few. More people would buy this!
i think you maninly want to connect with sensor?
i will save your idea, maybe after our new year holiday can make it. how about size or which case is better?
not all ESP32's GPIO pin can connect with DS18B20, some for OUTPUT , some for INPUT, some for OUTPUT/INPUT.
(01-07-2023, 01:38 AM)admin Wrote: i think you maninly want to connect with sensor?
i will save your idea, maybe after our new year holiday can make it. how about size or which case is better?
not all ESP32's GPIO pin can connect with DS18B20, some for OUTPUT , some for INPUT, some for OUTPUT/INPUT.

Yes, a super reliable and easy to use board for ds18b20 sensors. Input only. The output would be ip based, using standard mqtt or http requests.

I see a few business advantages:
- super easy and reliable introduction to KC868-A* products:
  - super easy to physically connect the sensors
  - will work regardless of the temperature sensor network topology if connecting only one sensor per terminal block.
  - leverages many people's ip network knowledge. They like home autonation, but so many existing options are proprietary.
- trust:
  - Trying a sensor input board from a relatively young Chinese firm is a small and easy step of trust. AC output is bigger and more subject to regulations. People will come back for more after they buy this product because it is a guaranteed small success. It simply works.
  - Many people deeply trust the ESPHome project. I do. Many people around me do. A KC868-A8TI can leverage that trust into you sellng more product.
- expandable. Those who know what they are doing can still connect multiple temperature sensors to one lead. This will be less clean and  introduce more potential for errors. If the price is right, many people who need more inputs will rather buy more boards. Beginners as well as professionals. No need to think or fiddle.

In terms of form factor and mounting, I see two possibilities. First, clearly a simple din rail mountable version is needed. not wider than KC868-AI. This would be a logical step for a first version. A second, third and fourth iteration would replace the screw terminal blocks with 8, 16 or 24 rj45 connectors and come in a 1U rack mountable form.

As a side note, another, slightly more difficult to develop similar product idea would be:
- esp32
- ethernet with PoE 802.3at or 802.3af
- one builtin bme280 or similar temperature/humidity/pressure sensor
- super compact size so it could fit in a standard EU wall box
- with or without case
how about use a bottom case (without cover), such as KC868-AI's green bottom case. if without cover, easy to place many terminal , let the pcb board size smaller.