Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ESPHone OTA fails to restart
Hello

I have 3 KC868-A16 boards.  All ESPHome on Homeassistant.

1 board doesnt restart properly after config change and sending it via OTA.  Sometimes it restarts properly, sometimes no.

When it fails, both ethernet lights flash on and off.  Power cycle resets board and works fine.

When I delete board from ESPHome and add a new board, 1st time compile and OTA works ok.  If I add another PIN, recompile and send via OTA, both ethernet lights flash and I have to power cycle board.

I have tested changes, OTA and restarts on other 2 boards, works ok.

Can you please assist.....this is a new board.

Thankyou..Peter
Do you means only first KC868-A16 board have problem, another 2 boards work well?
Hello

Yes 2 boards work fine with OTA updates. The 3rd board many times does not restart properly after OTA. Both ethernet lights blink on and off. Power cycle board, it restarts ok....

No idea why ?

Thankyou..Peter
sorry, i don't know why, if it's hardware problem, we will re-send you a new KC868-A16 board.
Hi Kincony

I've swapped the board with a spare and the OTA works fine, restarts and I get log output.....The faulty board after ethernet upload flashes both ethernet lights, I disconnect and connect power it starts ok. I purchased this board from your Aliexpress store. What is the best way to get a replacement.... ? Should I open a dispute or send you my order number by PM ?

Thankyou..Peter..

I have 4xA16 and 2xA8.....
send us your order number and which store you have bought, we will re-send you a new KC868-A16 PCB board. not need to open a dispute in aliexpress, don't worry.
(10-10-2022, 09:45 PM)admin Wrote: send us your order number and which store you have bought, we will re-send you a new KC868-A16 PCB board. not need to open a dispute in aliexpress, don't worry.

Hi Kincony

Have sent you a PM with the order details.  Thankyou for your help, this is very nice !  Very strange failure blinking ethernet port lights on OTA

Peter
today have sent one KC868-A16 PCB to you.