Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Switch terminal board H16B relay default controll
Hi

I would like to have a wall switch status monitored in Home Assistant using Node Red to do automation.  I have this configured and working as per the 4-Wall Switch Wireless remoter video.  I can see the button state change in Node Red using the debug option.

However the default behaviour without any programming is for the switch buttons to control the corresponding H16B relays, switch button 1-16 control H16B relays 1-16 directly.

After I configured Node Red in HA I can make Switch button 1 turn on H16B relay 2 but is also turns on relay 1, (by default).

Is there a way to turn off this default setting so the switch buttons don’t change the H16B relay states unless I configure it in Node Red?

Set up is
HA running Node Red
KC868-H16B V4.34  Work Mode: TCP Server for both Ethernet and Wifi
Switch Terminal Board V2.1 connect via Rs232
6 Gang Wall Self Reset Momentary Switch Toggle Button Dry Contact.  Connect via KCom and K1-K6

Any help would be appreciated.
do you have install home assistant in raspberry pi?
i think you can connect the "Switch Terminal Board" to your raspberry pi USB-RS232 adapter. every time when you press the button, will have a command output to RS232, your home assistant can read the serial port message then make automation for which relay ON/OFF. just don't connect "Switch Terminal Board" with your KC868-H16B directly.
(10-20-2022, 12:11 AM)admin Wrote: do you have install home assistant in raspberry pi?
i think you can connect the "Switch Terminal Board" to your raspberry pi USB-RS232 adapter. every time when you press the button, will have a command output to RS232, your home assistant can read the serial port message then make automation for which relay ON/OFF. just don't connect "Switch Terminal Board" with your KC868-H16B directly.

Unfortunately, my HA is running on a Windows VM.  I'll see if i can map the host serial to the VM and try to read it.  Thanks for the hint.
it's no problem, just connect a USB-RS232 cable to your windows PC.
Thanks, I have successfully connected via the serial port on the host to the VM and can see the messages. However sometimes the state character is dropped. Mostly I receive "RELAY-KEY-255,1,1" and intermittently I get "RELAY-KEY-255,1,". It worked 100% of the time via the H16B so I'll check further.
If I use the Plastic Momentary Wall Switch Panel as a dry contact at 230v what current will it switch? Looking at using connected to a Shelly Dimmer if I can't get the serial to be reliable.
can't use AC230v, not need to use voltage.
(10-27-2022, 10:06 AM)admin Wrote: can't use AC230v, not need to use voltage.

Just an update on the serial reliability.  I changed from the Host COM1 physical port to a Host USB serial adapter on COM3 and the serial communication is now stable, no longer intermittently losing the last characters. thanks for your help.  Smile        I'll try the switch with the Shelly dimmer2 and 2.5 at a later time if needed.
sometimes is power problem, ok, you are welcome.