Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
KC868-A4 hardwareupdate
Hello admin,

thanks a lot for these really nice PCB, which allow lot of powerful projects!

I've checked the circuits of KC868-A4 (and other KC868-versions) and you are right, the direct GPIO-communication is easier to handle for Arduino-newbies than bus-connected parts.
Nevertheless I found out some optimization for KC868-A4-hardware. Maybe you can use it for an future hw-update.
  • cancel RS232 (saves lot of space + USB-C is sufficient for controlling the PCB directly)
  • change IRD/IRS & 433MT/433MR to 1x I2C-bus (2x ordinary 4-Pin-connectors, i.e. for display & other I2C-parts)
  • add a connector for an accurate working I2C-DS3231 RTC-modul
  • make the 2x 0-10V-DAC jumperable also to 2x 0-5V (to control 0-5V-devices)
  • a relay OR mosfet option would be great (or to get only 1 PCB => 2x relay + 2x mosfet)
  • ESP32 on a socket => stackable ESP32 (allows different ESP32-versions (i.e. with external antenna) and change of controller, if there is a problem). I know it's more expensive, but fast changing a small ESP32 is a superior feature. I.e. a company can send only the small ESP32-modul to consumer, if somthing went wrong.

I intend to rebuild an individual PLC, which controls a heating system (7 kW oven with water heat exchanger) with some DS18B20-sensors, 24V-pump (0-5V-speedcontrol) and safety features. Actual I have to resolder some parts of KC868-A4 to get an I2C-display and RTC, but with the mods it would be nearly a 1:1 change. Also I think it goes more flexible.

best regards
plc
Thanks for your suggestion, maybe in furture will have some new update.
I agree with all these suggestions!
Particularly the lack of an exposed I2C connection on the A4 makes it unusable for most of my projects, so I have to upgrade to an A6/A8/A16 which comes with lots of extra stuff I don't want/need.
I also don't normally use the RS232/IR/RF connectors (and, if I did need those components, I could always add in them in if there were general purpose connectors available)
yes, we already have released new version KC868-A4S: https://www.kincony.com/4-channel-gsm-re...board.html
Right, but the A4S is more expensive than the A6, and contains even more features I don't want!
A4 and A4S have big different.