Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Expand
With the 868-A6 can you extend the number of relays through the I2C bus or by some other means? If it can be expanded what do I need? Is there a limit of sensors on the I2C? I read somewhere that with the RF module there is no limit if one is using that option. Can you explain how the RF module provides sensor expansion please?
Given the A6 has not wired Ethernet, is there any options to power it from an injector or should we consider the A4 instead?
If in our project we wish to run two A6 units can they be linked (master/slave) or are they separate? We are creating an automated garden and greenhouse system including irrigation management and monitoring, vent control, multiple water and air temps, soil moisture and acidic levels, sunlight and baro pressures. We wish to be sure the A6 relay control can be expanded and sensors quantities are not limited. 

We are also trying to determine if a closed loop system with rules and thresholds can me met with Tasmota or if we need to write our own code, any advice would be greatly appreciated. 

Regarding the RF module option on the A6, when its installed, how is the plastic cover meant to be installed since the RF module protrudes outside the case? It would seem I either bought the wrong case or we are expected to cut out part of the case....please advise.    
if you want to extend relay by I2C. it's OK, but we not suggest about the stable.
I2C extend usually by PCB line, if by cable, it just a little distance, if long, it will not stable for I2C communication. I2C usually MAX support 8 address device.
KC868-A6 support use 2.4GHz nRF24L01 wireless module or SX1278 LoRA module. how many wireless module can be used, according to wireless module, not according to IIC bus.

Given the A6 has not wired Ethernet, is there any options to power it from an injector or should we consider the A4 instead?
--> I don't understand you, whether you must need to use ethernet for communication or just only want POE power supply by ethernet cable?

suggest you use own arduino code is flexible, i think you can cofirm some details:
how many relay want to use?
how many sensor want to use? by wired sensor or by wireless sensor?

then give you a suggestion.

the case is correct, when you using nRF24L01 wireless module, It is recommended that you bend the pin and install the module vertically so that it can be fixed inside.