Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Uair Barebones PCB
Question 
Hi,

The Uair case seems like a cool solution for DIY room sensors of any type but I'm not sold on the default PCB which is pretty expensive and contains features I do not need (like GPRS). However it seems to me that a case with nothing in it (eg no usb connector or LED) is also less than ideal as getting everything built into it and aligned is a pain.

Is there a barebones PCB option? For example the PCB  + USB B/C connector + break out header for the USB terminals? That would mean the PCB would be very cheap, but installing my own ESP32 and sensors would be easy....

Thanks!

CP.
Do you have seen this version:
https://www.kincony.com/esp32-wifi-tempe...r-box.html
it's ESP32 PCB version.
(12-24-2022, 06:52 AM)admin Wrote: Do you have seen this version:
https://www.kincony.com/esp32-wifi-tempe...r-box.html
it's ESP32 PCB version.

I have thank you! In that it includes IR and 433MHz radio components that I don't need/want - this adds to the cost. I am thinking to buy about 20 for myself and my brother (assuming a test one works for me). I'd also prefer a non soldered ESP32 so it can be moreceasily repaired/upgraded. So the additional cost of the components makes the purchase expensive. The case alone is about $4, a simple PCB with usb connector and breakouts, and possibly less aligned with transparent sections would a much lower cost...maybe $4? That would make a $8-10 device....which is viable if you want 20 of them....but at $40+ each this makes them too expensive...and it is wasteful to buy modules you don't need/want....

Does that make sense?

CP.
"non soldered ESP32" is good for DIY. but if want use for project or long time running, not suggest use "non soldered ESP32". soldered version have a good contact, will stable.
(12-24-2022, 08:09 AM)admin Wrote: "non soldered ESP32" is good for DIY. but if want use for project or long time running, not suggest use "non soldered ESP32". soldered version have a good contact, will stable.

Yes I agree. Do you have a base PCB design? Even a PCB that is a simple ESP32 DevKit breakout would be better....  Do you have a base PCB design available?
sorry, now we not have esp32 base PCB, that can easily find in market.
(12-27-2022, 10:29 AM)admin Wrote: sorry, now we not have esp32 base PCB, that can easily find in market.

Hi,

What I'm looking for is the base PCB you use for *your* PCB - basically the exact cutout dimensions, mounting holes, and USB connector positioning etc....basically everything you need to fit it perfectly inside your Uair enclosure. That way I can buy your enclosure and an empty shell, and then design my own PCB (based on your foot print) without the nightmare of having to reverse engineer it all....

Does that make sense?

CP.
ok, i understand your words now.
here are some documents about Uair box for DIYer. Here are some PCB file and install guide video.
download link: https://www.kincony.com/download/mould_data_uair.zip
after unzip , you will see: