Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Display Relay Status on NodeRed
KC868-H32B V3.5 new firmware released, now controller can sync with the Kincony Smart Home App (cloud app).
see details at this link: https://www.kincony.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=66
Greetings

I have a 1st generation KC868-H32 that I use to control my motor blinds. I have self reset push buttons in each blind.
I know I have to use node red for the integration in HA, but how can I see the state os the blinds (open or closed) in HA?

Also, this module doesn't have the physical interlock function. Is there a way that I can configure node red to send two messages to two different relays upon pressing of a switch?
Something like:

msg.payload= "RELAY-SET-255,2,0"
followed by
msg.payload= "RELAY-SET-255,1,1"
return msg;

the objective is to ensure that relay 2 is not active before activating relay 1, to ensure the motor is not given two commends to close and open at the same time, which would burn the motor. (each motor uses two relays, one for up, another for down)
if you are using KC868-H32B, the newest firmware will have "interlock" function for control motor. if you are using H32L or H32LW with "switch terminal board", any button have pressed, will feedback a tcp message (which key is pressed and the newest relay state) back to Node-Red.
(11-14-2022, 10:13 AM)admin Wrote: if you are using KC868-H32B, the newest firmware will have "interlock" function for control motor. if you are using H32L or H32LW with "switch terminal board", any button have pressed, will feedback a tcp message (which key is pressed and the newest relay state) back to Node-Red.

I am using the KC868-H32, (not L and not B, it is the 1st version with the gray push in wire connectors). 

I know that this relay board is not able to have the interlock function, that's why I am asking if there is a way in node red to create a software interlock.
The idea is to send two messages to two different relays after pressing a switch in home assistant: send message to relay 2 to open and then message to relay 1 to close. then add a timer to open relay 1 after 30 seconds, to remove power from the motor. This is to prevent activating both relays, in case a person in the house has already pressed the down button and HA ativates the up button. With both replays closed at the same time, this would send current to up and down to the motor, causing damage.
Do not display independent buttons on home assistant, so that user can't turn on relay1 and turn on relay2. only create "scene" automation in home assistant.
(11-14-2022, 11:33 AM)admin Wrote: Do not display independent buttons on home assistant, so that user can't turn on relay1 and turn on relay2. only create "scene" automation in home assistant.

Thank you for your reply. 
I understand your point, but this doesn't prevent that a user in his room presses the "down" physical button to lower the blind, while in home assistant (another user or an automation) sends the up command at the same time. This would close both relays (one controled by a physical button, the other by HA), therefore damaging the motor.
the best way is :
1. replace H32 with H32B new version PCB.
2. now many motor have protect circuit, even if motor two wire both have power (relay1 and relay2 all are ON) will no problem. you just chose buy this motor will be ok.
interlock by software is not a good way, by hardware is most safety.
Thank you for your reply.
Can I get a discount on a new KC868-H32B, since my current relay board is now useless?
sure , our old customerSmile
do you have connect H32 relay output to AC contact? if have, use by H32B need add RC snubber.