Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crystal interference DS1307
Hello everyone ! especially Hifikat!  We recently connected a long-range antenna to the LoRa - SX1278 module, this cable passed near the RTC module of the KC868-A6 module, on occasions when we put the backup battery in the RTC Socket, our finger when making contact with the battery and being near the crystal, we have noticed that the RTC readings are beginning to fail, so we thought about placing a metal casing to protect this part of the circuit, we also thought about grounding the negative of the module to ground, is it okay to do this? What other recommendations could you give us for this situation? In advance thank you very much for your attention !

Attached Files Image(s)

Yes, the main thing is to do a good job of shielding to prevent interference with signals.
(05-18-2023, 07:36 AM)admin Wrote: Yes, the main thing is to do a good job of shielding to prevent interference with signals.

Hello again, thank you very much for answering, we have improved the connections, we want to know if we can connect the GND signal of the module to an electrical ground.

Now we have the following scenario! I am developing the program in Colombia and I am using the "RTClib.h" library that is posted in this forum, now in my laboratory I load the program and everything works perfectly, my client is in Spain and when I load the program it seems that at the moment After inserting the CR1220 backup battery, the RTC stops working, could you help me a little with this? I am writing to the NVRAM registers and using the command
if (!rtc.begin()){

Serial.println("Couldn't find RTC");
    Serial.flush();
    while(1) delay(10);

}

Help me a little please!

Attached Files Image(s)

don't use finger to touch , it's easy bad for mosfet, It's very sensitive. now maybe your A6 board "level convertor mosfet chip" already bad.

It is better to make shielding for external modules, not on PCB. such as use DS3231 extend I2C module.

First, wrap it with a heat shrink tube, and then wrap it with tin foil or other shielding materials. The shielding layer is grounded to the power source and connected to the vicinity of a large capacitor