Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lesson12- So easy! ESP32 work with home assistant by ESP home
Hi! Please advise me on how to correctly flash the A8 ESP32 board with esphome or tasmota firmware.
I did some projects with esphome and ESP8266 boards like nodemcu, but cant get it working on your board. Do any buttons have to be pressed on the board before flashing?

I am either getting message that socket is not open or that headers are incorrect and may be corrupted.

In order to flash the board, does it also have to be connected to 12v power or just USB is enough?

Looking forward to your reply!

Best regards

PS: I am creting binary via esphome addon on home assistant and then flashing it using the Esphome flasher app on mac os.
1. when you download firmware , must connect with DC12V power supply.
2. when download you not need to press any button. we have design the auto download function on the board circuit.
you can try , if also have problem, take a error screen photo, we help you.
(11-20-2021, 12:47 PM)admin Wrote: 1. when you download firmware , must connect with DC12V power supply.
2. when download you not need to press any button. we have design the auto download function on the board circuit.
you can try , if also have problem, take a error screen photo, we help you.

Thanks a lot! I made 2 mistakes:

1. First I tried flashing without connecting the 12V power. For some reason one of my USB cables actually gave enough power so that some LEDs flashed and I thought that is sufficient.

2. When I connected the 12V power supply, I did not connect the wires to the terminal properly, so I thought it was powered up but actually it was not Smile)

Thanks for your prompt reply!

Will start tinkering now Wink
you are welcome, we design board power from DC12V , so that can work long time stable, get power from USB port, some times not stable, some USB port is not enough current.