Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SSR 40A vs SSR 25A
As suggested, I consider using SSR relays as secondary relays to protect the built-in relays from load. My load is for lighting/blinds only (each channel should require < 300W).

I noticed that the SSRs are typically sold for loads of 10A/25A/40A. The prices are quite the same (the extra load capacity costs a few extra cents). I also noticed that when the environmental temperatures gets higher a 10A SSR can withstand <10A load (the same goes for the 25A & 40A SSRs). Why shouldn't I just purchase the 40A to maximize its life expectancy?

Lets assume I use a fixed eventual load of 5A for the lighting channel (for example). Does the 40A SSR require a higher *operating load* than the 10A SSR, and by so might wore more the actuator's built-in relay?

Thanks a lot!
Elad
if <300W, i think you not need to use SSR, you can add "OMROM" brand relay, it's good. 300w is enough to use. if you chose SSR of 40A or 10A not need change the KC868 relay controller's relay. because control SSR's current is all very low, just DC12V and mA level current.
(06-23-2021, 12:41 AM)admin Wrote: if <300W, i think you not need to use SSR, you can add "OMROM" brand relay, it's good. 300w is enough to use. if you chose SSR of 40A or 10A not need change the KC868 relay controller's relay. because control SSR's current is all very low, just DC12V and mA level current.

Thanks!