Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Smart Home project
Hi to All,

Its my first post here and i so hapy that i can do all this things regarding automation by myself.  it's really satisfying.  
I decided to go with Kincony.

I will use:

KC868 - Server with RP and Home assistant.
KC868- A64
KC868 - AIO

KC868 -E16 x 5

KC868- A64 it will be used to connect 64 wall swiches via LAN cable cat 6 to Digital Input,
on outpot side it will be conected to  KC868 -E16 x 4 to control all lights in home.

it will be powered by 12 v 2 A power supply. It will be enought?
what type of cable i shoud use to connect Digital Outpot to E16? 
For what type of use is ITC Expand?

KC868-AIO will be used to connect 16 led strips via 0-10 V 
DO  will be conected to  KC868 -E16  control roller shutter
on DI will be conected to wall swiches to control shutters also i woudl like to connect here some wall swiches that will be able to turn on led and some contactrons.

if there is any option to configure IFTTT that when i double click wall swich connected to  KC868- A64 it will turn off all DO in KC868- A64 and  some KC868-AIO
AIO has some Analog input for sensors wich one i should buy to have information about temperature , maybe humidity also ?
which type of sensor it can operate and how long cable it can have?

KC868 - Server will be used for RP and connection to electric metter via modbus RTU. 
and control sprinkels garage etc via 12 v

Thanks for help.
1. welcome to KinCony.
2. KC868-E16 is stop produce, now is new version KC868-E16 v2, you can use E16v2 board.
3. 12v 2A is enough for one A64 board, but if you want power for all boards, 12v 2A is not enough. because when ON/OFF all relay at the same time, current will be large. use large current 12v power supply is better.
4. any cable can connect with E16v2 to A64, it's very low current.
5. "ITC expand"?? do you means "I2C" expand? that's extend for i2c device, such as some sensor or gpio board, i think you not need to use.
6. Yes, it support IFTTT running locally, you can create IFTTT command , such as 1-click, 2-click,hold-on mode for different actions with DO.
7. suggest chose digital temperature sensor or temperature & humidity sensor, such as DS18B20 or DHT11/DHT22. cable not too long, this need to test with your cable, usually <3 meter.
1.Smile
2. I just buy via Alliexpres month ago. recived  2 x E16 v 1.3, more are in shipping and they prabobly will be v2 board.
3. I will use 3 Power supply 12 2A.

One Power supply 12V 2A conected to a64 and 4 E16
Second Power supply 12V 2A conected to AIO and 2 E16
third Power supply 12V 2A conected to A868 Server
this should be fine or should i buy diffrent power supply?

4. what typ of cable you use in youtube films?
5.Ok thanks
6. I understand, but is there option to create IFTTT comand that will be spread to diffrent server? i.e.  IFTTT comand on A64 that if double click on one of DI then turn off DO from board AIO.?
7. I need something 10 m long from board? how this you usualy do this type of sensors?
3. this should be fine or should i buy diffrent power supply? --> it's ok.
4. i just use common cable, it's thin, or use network cable also is ok.
6. yes, IFTTT support KinCony's A board send command to B board or C board.......
7. you can use thick wire shielding wire, 10meter is ok with DS18B20 sensor.
I'm thrilled to be posting here for the first time and to be embarking on my journey into automation. It's truly gratifying to handle these tasks independently. I've chosen Kincony as my solution.

Here's my setup:

KC868 Server with Raspberry Pi (RP) and Home Assistant.
KC868-A64
KC868-AIO
KC868-E16 (x5)
I plan to utilize the KC868-A64 for connecting 64 wall switches via Cat 6 LAN cables to Digital Inputs. On the output side, it will link to KC868-E16 units (x4) to manage the home lighting. I'll be powering it using a 12V 2A power supply. Will this be sufficient? Also, what type of cable is recommended to connect Digital Outputs to KC868-E16? Additionally, what is the purpose of ITC Expand?

KC868-AIO is intended for controlling 16 LED strips via 0-10V. Digital Outputs will connect to KC868-E16 for roller shutter control, while Digital Inputs will interface with wall switches for shutter and LED control, including contacts.

Regarding IFTTT configuration, is there a method to set up a double click action on a wall switch connected to KC868-A64 that can turn off all Digital Outputs in both KC868-A64 and some KC868-AIO?

For KC868-AIO, I'm interested in temperature and possibly humidity sensing. Which sensors should I purchase, and what's the maximum cable length it can accommodate? Also, which sensor types are compatible with KC868-AIO?

The KC868 Server is earmarked for interfacing with the electric meter via Modbus RTU and controlling various elements such as sprinklers and garage operations via 12V.

I appreciate any insights and guidance you can offer, especially if there's a roofing company in Northern Virginia that can assist with specific setup aspects. Thank you in advance!
1. I plan to utilize the KC868-A64 for connecting 64 wall switches via Cat 6 LAN cables to Digital Inputs. On the output side, it will link to KC868-E16 units (x4) to manage the home lighting. I'll be powering it using a 12V 2A power supply. Will this be sufficient? Also, what type of cable is recommended to connect Digital Outputs to KC868-E16? Additionally, what is the purpose of ITC Expand?

suggest use 2pcs of 12v 2A power supply for your KC868-A64+KC868-E16*4pcs
any cable can use for DO to E16, such as 0.5 diameter wire is enough.
what's "ITC"? i don't understand.

2. Regarding IFTTT configuration, is there a method to set up a double click action on a wall switch connected to KC868-A64 that can turn off all Digital Outputs in both KC868-A64 and some KC868-AIO?

yes, it can do, i already said before. when double click by wall switch, A64 send multi IFTTT command to A64's DO and AIO's DO, because all kincony's controller open protocol, you can define your customsize protocol to send. such as : when double-click wall switch button: A64's some relay ON and AIO's some DO will ON.

3. AIO support dc 0-5v analog sensor and 4-20mA analog sensor and 2 GIPOs for digital sensor. you can chose DS18B20 or DHT11 or DHT22 sensor.
(08-20-2023, 09:30 AM)GREEN FLOID Wrote: I'm thrilled to be posting here for the first time and to be embarking on my journey into automation. It's truly gratifying to handle these tasks independently. I've chosen Kincony as my solution.
I plan to utilize the KC868-A64 for connecting 64 wall switches via Cat 6 LAN cables to Digital Inputs. On the output side, it will link to KC868-E16 units (x4) to manage the home lighting. I'll be powering it using a 12V 2A power supply. Will this be sufficient? Also, what type of cable is recommended to connect Digital Outputs to KC868-E16? Additionally, what is the purpose of ITC Expand?
KC868-AIO is intended for controlling 16 LED strips via 0-10V. Digital Outputs will connect to KC868-E16 for roller shutter control, while Digital Inputs will interface with wall switches for shutter and LED control, including contacts.
Regarding IFTTT configuration, is there a method to set up a double click action on a wall switch connected to KC868-A64 that can turn off all Digital Outputs in both KC868-A64 and some KC868-AIO?
For KC868-AIO, I'm interested in temperature and possibly humidity sensing. Which sensors should I purchase, and what's the maximum cable length it can accommodate? Also, which sensor types are compatible with KC868-AIO?
The KC868 Server is earmarked for interfacing with the electric meter via Modbus RTU and controlling various elements such as sprinklers and garage operations via 12V.
I appreciate any insights and guidance you can offer, especially if there's a best services roofers that can assist with specific setup aspects. Thank you in advance!
Hello,  [font=Söhne, ui-sans-serif, system-ui, -apple-system, 'Segoe UI', Roboto, Ubuntu, Cantarell, 'Noto Sans', sans-serif, 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, 'Apple Color Emoji', 'Segoe UI Emoji', 'Segoe UI Symbol', 'Noto Color Emoji']Your 12V 2A power supply should work for KC868-A64. Use standard Ethernet cables for Digital Outputs to KC868-E16. The ITC Expand module expands KC868-A64's capacity. To set up a double-click action with IFTTT, configure it in your home automation software. Compatible sensors for temperature and humidity with KC868-AIO include DHT11 and DHT22. The KC868 Server can interface with the electric meter via Modbus RTU. For roofing services in Maryland, check local directories or ask for recommendations.[/font]
Thumbs Up 
(08-18-2023, 10:44 PM)admin Wrote: 1. welcome to KinCony.
2. KC868-E16 is stop produce, now is new version KC868-E16 v2, you can use E16v2 board.
3. 12v 2A is enough for one A64 board, but if you want power for all boards, 12v 2A is not enough. because when ON/OFF all relay at the same time, current will be large. use large current 12v power supply is better.
4. any cable can connect with E16v2 to A64, it's very low current.
5. "ITC expand"?? do you means "I2C" expand?  that's extend for i2c device, such as some sensor or gpio board, i think you not need to use.
6. Yes, it support IFTTT running locally, you can create IFTTT command , such as 1-click, 2-click,hold-on mode for different actions with DO.
7. suggest chose digital temperature sensor or temperature & humidity sensor, such as DS18B20 or DHT11/DHT22. cable not too long, this need to test with your cable, usually <3 meter.

company :  roof repair mclean va
For optimal performance, consider upgrading to the KC868-E16 v2. Ensure sufficient power with a 12V supply. Simplify connectivity with any cable. Use IFTTT locally. Choose DS18B20 or DHT11/DHT22 sensors for accurate readings.
Best Roofing Company IN VA  https://stripesroofing.com/