Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
kc868-a64 and esp32 communicating through rs-485
i am using kc868-a64 board controlling for lights and  smoke detectors. i also have 1 separate esp32 dev board which is controlling my ac through IR and ld2410 sensor for presence detection. 

kc868-a64 communicating through  Rj-45 and esp32 dev communicating through wifi they both working really nice under home assistant, 

now i want to connect kc868-a64 and esp32 through rs-485 for sending my IR data and getting ld2410 readings from esp32 dev kit to home assistant. how to send ir data and receive sensors reading    through rs-485 from esp32 dev kit to kc868-a64
your esp32 board have already work with home asisstant, so send IR data and read sensor as before, you can just integrate A64 to your esp32 board by RS485 via modbus protocol, your ESP32 board is "MASTER", A64 is "SLAVE". here is video tour about it: https://youtu.be/xmBWzVGpggo
(08-18-2023, 10:33 PM)admin Wrote: your esp32 board have already work with home asisstant, so send IR data and read sensor as before, you can just integrate A64 to your esp32 board by RS485 via modbus protocol, your ESP32 board is "MASTER", A64 is "SLAVE". here is video tour about it: https://youtu.be/xmBWzVGpggo

hi thanks  for replaying... can u please share some slave code (for esphome) as u shows master codes in vedio it would be really help full for me .. thanks in advance
why not let your ESP32 and A64 all connect with network cable, that's stable and flexible.
use by RS485 modbus is complex.
(08-23-2023, 12:14 PM)admin Wrote: why not let your ESP32 and A64 all connect with network cable, that's stable and flexible.
use by RS485 modbus is complex.
actually 

i planned to automate my whole place... i bought 2 x A64, 6 x 16 channel relay boards, smoke sensors  and motion sensors

it works like charm...... an outstanding performance by kincony equipment. 

i also planned to install  1 wire ds18b20  temperature sensors and IR transmitters  in all rooms on cat6 cables which was already laid  on  kc868-a64 

but my cat6 cable not working properly to due long distance and AC power crossing my network cable... so i planned to install ESP32 in rooms and connect them through RS485 cus i dont wana use my wifi. unable to change cable for whole place ... any help in this regards.....
if you just want to add ds18b20 and IR transmitters in every room, the easiest way is put "AG Pro"  or KC868-AG to every room, it use by wifi, easy to place anywhere, IR and RF inside, it can use home assistant and Tuya app for IR&RF at the same time. ESP32 also include temperature sensor. if you want use DS18B20, in the box have extend free GPIO, you can solder DS18B20 on PCB, then the "AG Pro" can send IR&RF signal and monitor temperature.