Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
KC868-A8 Ethernet Problem
Exclamation 
Hello, i have a KC868-A8 Board connected with ethernet cable but the port suddenly stopped working. The port indicators are both flashing and the board keeps restating every 15min because it searches for a ethernet connection. I use it with ESPhome and home assistant. If i re-flash the esp32 with a WIFI configuration everything works but when i try to use the Ethernet port i get an error and it goes offline in esphome. (Component ethernet was marked as failed.)
Here is my code -

ethernet:
  type: LAN8720
  mdc_pin: GPIO23
  mdio_pin: GPIO18
  clk_mode: GPIO17_OUT
  phy_addr: 0

manual_ip:
  static_ip: 192.168.1.154
  gateway: 192.168.1.1
  subnet: 255.255.255.0

Any ideas on how to fix this ?
how about use DHCP?
after download firmware, re power on of your A8 board.
Already tried that, i removed the static ip address uploaded the new code restarted the board and no luck still offline and flashing Ethernet .
you can download KCS v2 firmware for a test, whether ethernet can work well. if it's OK, that means hareware no problem, just need to confirm software config.
here is details how to use KCS v2 firmware: https://www.kincony.com/esp32-kcsv2-firmware.html
(09-17-2023, 01:42 PM)admin Wrote: you can download KCS v2 firmware for a test, whether ethernet can work well. if it's OK, that means hareware no problem, just need to confirm software config.
here is details how to use KCS v2 firmware: https://www.kincony.com/esp32-kcsv2-firmware.html
Ok thanks, before that is there a way to hard reset the board i want to try and wipe everything and try again ?
use "esp download tool" , you can eraser all esp32 chip. but i suggest you download KCS v2 to test, it's easy. just after download, connect with ethernet cable. check whether can find out board's ethernet ip .
(09-17-2023, 09:30 PM)admin Wrote: use "esp download tool" , you can eraser all esp32 chip. but i suggest you download KCS v2 to test, it's easy. just after download, connect with ethernet cable. check whether can find out board's ethernet ip .

Sorry for the late response.  I've tried the KCS v2 and it does assign an ip address to the board. After that i flash it with ESPhome and it dosent work. The ethernet port keeps flashing and its still offline. The strange thing is that it worked previously with esphome with no problem and the stopped.
do you have "HOT AIR GUN", can you re solder the LAN8720A chip?
(09-24-2023, 11:58 PM)admin Wrote: do you have "HOT AIR GUN", can you re solder the LAN8720A chip?

No i don't. I have a soldering iron.
can you try to re soldering the LAN8720A chip? which store you have bought A8 board from?