Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best product for application
Hi

You have a large selection of products, so I thought I better ask to see what best fits my application. This project is fairly simple. Need to send a SMS TXT  when a digital input is triggered.  Can use IFTTT or some other means.  When the switch is open a TXT will be sent when switch closes TXT will be sent.  Will have WiFi at the location. You have so many different options using ESP32 and other, so let me know your recommendations.  Would prefer not to use TUYA if possible.
you can chose any ESP32 board with 4G module is ok, then download KCS firmware, make IFTTT function, let digital input trigger send different SMS to your phone.
(12-29-2023, 11:21 PM)admin Wrote: you can chose any ESP32 board with 4G module is ok, then download KCS firmware, make IFTTT function, let digital input trigger send different SMS to your phone.

Thanks for the quick reply! Will find one and get on order! Happy new year!
you are welcome.
(12-30-2023, 11:26 PM)admin Wrote: you are welcome.

I have a KC868-A2 ESP32 on order. Can you please outline the Analog and Digital inputs on this board? I see it has a IC2 for Temp can it be used for a light sensor or is it only coded in the OS for temp?  Basically need 1 Digital input for a switch,  and one analog input for a light sensor. Im sure I will know more once I get the board and see how the onboard software works, but I need to get the needed supporting parts on order.

Edit: found this https://www.kincony.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=3074

I just needed to search the forum, and not be lazy..

So just need clarification on the Analog input for a light sensor. What do you recomend Part number or point me to a recommended solution.
KC868-A2 have two digial input ports for dry contact sensor.
it also have two free GPIOs for user. you need to confirm your sensor type, because there is no analog input ports on PCB. But it have a i2c extender, maybe you can add i2c analog input chip.
(01-02-2024, 12:00 AM)admin Wrote: KC868-A2 have two digial input ports for dry contact sensor.
it also have two free GPIOs for user. you need to confirm your sensor type, because there is no analog input ports on PCB. But it have a i2c extender, maybe you can add i2c analog input chip.

So the 2 analog i2c for Temp can only be configured for temp sensors?
if you only use temperature sensor , such as DS18B20,DHT11,DHT22, just 1-wire device. you can connect to GPIOs interface directly to use.
Does the KC868-A2 have a 1-Wire host interface or adapter on the board so I can use a 1-Wire light sensor in place of the Temp sensor? Again, I need a analog light sensor for this application. So need information on how to best implement this on the KC868-A2.

I can get a 1-Wire light sensor. https://www.embeddeddatasystems.com/D2Ph..._p_13.html
This application only needs one digital (reed switch) and one analog input (Light sensor)
if your sensor is 1-wire type, you can connect to A2's GPIO port directly.