Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
H32B Pro via Ethernet - no default values in web interface
Question 
Dear KinCony Team,

I am trying to use the H32B Pro relay board with Home Assistant via MQTT. First step of the documentation asks to update the firmware.

For that I am following the instructions in the YouTube Video "how to download KC868-H32B Pro firmware by ethernet":
  1. The H32B Pro board is plugged into a router. I changed the IP range of the router to allow for 192.168.1.200 and assigned that IP to the H32B Pro. I allowed all ports on that IP.
  2. My laptop is connected via Wifi to the same router and got the IP 192.168.1.22 (checked via ipconfig)   
  3. I downloaded the "NET REMOTE IAP" (https://www.kincony.com/forum/attachment.php?aid=1717)
  4. I downloaded the firmware file (https://www.kincony.com/forum/attachment.php?aid=287), even though I am not sure that is the correct one for the pro board. (a central list of all latest firmware by product would be cool. Did I just not find it?)
  5. The "try to ping device" works fine. The ping is returned.
  6. I restart the H32B Pro and click "Connect" within the first 5 seconds of repowering the board. But I get the following error message that I do not understand:

When I access the board´s IP via Chrome, I can successfully log on to the "net setting", but it does not show any of the values:

When I log on "relay control" I can switch the software buttons, but the relays and LEDs on the board do not change.

What am I doing wrong? Help would be much appreciated. Thank you. 谢谢

Kind regards
Floeckchen
if you are using KC868-H32B Pro, you have downloaded wrong firmware file.
this is the newest firmware v1.19 for KC868-H32B Pro: https://www.kincony.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=3234 just download ,unzip the file, download BIN file to H32B Pro controller.
(01-12-2024, 12:11 AM)admin Wrote: if you are using KC868-H32B Pro, you have downloaded wrong firmware file.
this is the newest firmware v1.19 for KC868-H32B Pro: https://www.kincony.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=3234  just download ,unzip the file, download BIN file to H32B Pro controller.

Thank you for the quick answer. I have downloaded the correct firmware now.

I can connect to the H32B Pro via the Net Remote IAP. After selecting the firmware file and clicking download nothing happens:

In what mode should the H32B Pro be for a firmware update? TCP Server?

On the integration into Home Assistant:

since adding the MQTT section in the configuration.yaml has been depreciated, it there another way to integrate the H32B Pro into Home Assistant easily?

Thank you.
mqtt is easy for integration.
"net remote IAP" tool , local IP is your computer's IP address, do you have input it?
here is video tour how to update firmware for H32B Pro: https://youtu.be/JFKeKv8Ks_4
(01-13-2024, 12:40 AM)admin Wrote: mqtt is easy for integration.
"net remote IAP" tool , local IP is your computer's IP address, do you have input it?
here is video tour how to update firmware for H32B Pro: https://youtu.be/JFKeKv8Ks_4

Maybe so, but I can´t seem to find the correct documentation or follow it correctly. Here is where I´m stuck:

I have connected the H32B-Pro to the router and can successfully ping it under 192.168.1.200
I have successfully updated the H32B-Pro to the firmware v1.19

When I access the web terminal of the H32B-Pro via its local IP, the default values for "Firmware Version", "MAC" and "UID" are greyed out. This is neither the case in the Youtube video nor the documentation

Anyway, I enter all the information:
IP:  192.168.1.200 (static local IP of H32B-Pro controller shown in the router)
Port: 4196
Subnet mask: 255.255.255.0 (same as router config)
Gateway: 192.168.1.1 (router IP)
Work Mode: MQTT
IP MODE: DHCP
Domain Name : left empty (not shown in documentation?!? Newer version??)
Server IP:  192.168.1.27 (static local IP of RaspberryPi, running Home Assistant with Mosquitto MQTT Server AddIn installed)
Server Port: 1883 (double-checked in Mosquitto config)
MQTT username: same as shown in Mosquitto config
MQTT password: same as shown in Mosquitto config

The WIFI settings I leave blank. 
I click "Save", the controller power-cycles and shows constant white led on ethernet for client mode.

If I now try to log onto the web portal of the controller, username/password fails for the default "admin". Might not be a problem, as it no longer is a server. Just an observation.

Now I go the the Home Assistant file editor and paste the following. replacing the xxx with the proper UID found via your scan tool:

mqtt:
    switch:
        name: 'output-1'
        unique_id: output-1
        state_topic: 'server/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/state'
        command_topic: 'server/ xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx /set'
        payload_on:  '{"relay1":{"on":1}}'
        payload_off:  '{"relay1":{"on":0}}'
        value_template: '{{ value_json.relay1.on }}'
        state_on: 1
        state_off: 0

When I restart the Home Assistant, a new entity "output-1" shows up for the MQTT integration.
When I toggle the switch, nothing happens.

What am I missing? Is there a different documentation?

Thank you very much for your help. Looking at the videos it seems so easy to integrate into HA, but I am stuck.

Kind Regards.
add whatsapp number: +86-15381188302 when have free time, use ANYDESK remote control your computer to help you config.
"greyed out": because when power on , need wait for a moment, controller will read the data, but need time.
(03-20-2024, 09:30 PM)admin Wrote: add whatsapp number: +86-15381188302  when have free time, use ANYDESK remote control your computer to help you config.
"greyed out": because when power on , need wait for a moment, controller will read the data, but need time.

I received tech support and could get it working. I didn´t pay attention to the maximum MQTT username and password length of 10 characters and copied the wrong MQTT topic.

Thank you very much for the quick help!
you are welcome.
Hello, I have a similar issue. I have 2 H32B Pro, using firmware 1.19. I can reproduce this issue every time:

I hold the Ethernet button until I have yellow+blue+red, and I release it. The board uses 192.168.1.200.
I login on the web interface at 192.168.1.200.
I change the IP. I can reboot the card multiple times, everything works OK.

I login on the web interface, set the mode to MQTT and restart the board.

Next time I login, all the fields are empty.

This happens on both boards.

The only way I have to fix this is to reset the board - hold Ethernet button until I have yellow+blue+red, and then I need to start over.

Please help...

Attached Files Image(s)

Some extra info: when I try to access the web interface and all the fields are blank, MQTT also stops working and commands sent from Home Assistant are not executed. After one or two minutes, there is a sort of timeout, and all the commands sent that were not executed are executed at once.