Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
KC868-A6 LoRaWAN pinout issue
Hello,
I'm trying to use MCCI LoRaWAN LCCI library to connect to the Things Network, however the library requires IO1 pin of the SX1278 module to be connected to an GPIO of the ESP32.

I soldered a wire from SX1278 IO1 to ESP32 GPIO13 as that appears free and looks like a suitable pin.  However after doing that, the serial port would no longer appear on my PC, when i removed the jumper wire everything returned to normal.

Can you suggest any solutions?  Is GPIO13 ok for use?

Thanks in advance.

Alex
GPIO13 should not matter, SX1278 uses SPI port. whether can change to use another ESP32 free GPIO pin for a test?
(02-17-2023, 12:39 AM)admin Wrote: GPIO13 should not matter, SX1278 uses SPI port. whether can change to use another ESP32 free GPIO pin for a test?

Hello,
Thanks for the response.  I'll try again and see how I go.

I was going to use another ESP32 GPIO but there are many others spare!

Thanks again,

alex
(02-17-2023, 03:38 AM)Alpha Wrote:
(02-17-2023, 12:39 AM)admin Wrote: GPIO13 should not matter, SX1278 uses SPI port. whether can change to use another ESP32 free GPIO pin for a test?

Hello,
Thanks for the response.  I'll try again and see how I go.

I was going to use another ESP32 GPIO but there are many others spare!

Thanks again,

alex

Hello,
Just thought I'd report back my success at getting the A6 to successfully use LoRaWAN and connect to The Things Network.

You have to first solder a jumper wire from SX1278 IO1 to ESP GPIO13, this easy as GPIO13 is exposed on P17 connector (not sure why this wasn't working when I first tried).

I then used the awesome LMIC-node (https://github.com/lnlp/LMIC-node) code.  To get this working I created a new LMIC board definition for the A6 (basically just setting the SPI pin definitions for the SX1278), and then added a new 'env' entry to the platformio.ini file (in that file I set the board type to 'esp32dev').  This worked first try, and even the debug information printed to the OLED!

Can I suggest that if you every create a 'REV 2' of this board (or any others fitted with a LoRa module), that you connect up at least the IO1 pin to the ESP32 to allow LoRaWAN to work without soldering a jumper wire.

Thanks again for such a versatile board!

Cheers,

alex
thanks for share your job.
thanks for your suggestion, next version REV 2 of KC868-A6, we can let SX1278 IO1 connect to ESP32 GPIO13 directly, no problem.
(02-21-2023, 01:33 AM)admin Wrote: thanks for share your job.
thanks for your suggestion, next version REV 2 of KC868-A6, we can let SX1278 IO1 connect to ESP32 GPIO13 directly, no problem.

Kindly advise, I have KC868-A6 setup with ESPHome on the KC868-Server. Can I configure SX1278 for LoRa on ESPHome?
sorry, now ESPHome not support use by LoRa chip. maybe in furture will support.
A better solution is to use pin 22 (nRF24L01 CE) and connect with LORA on DI01