Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
problem communicating with device (did work, now it doesn't)
Hi, I'm having difficulties with this device (KC868-A8). I have it plugged into my ethernet switch with cat6 cable, and into my computer with usb. at first I was able to see the device from ESPHome running on Home Assistant and configure through home assistant. Now it does not detect the device when I try to +New Device it just says initialising but never detects it. Also, the ethernet socket on the device no longer lights up (im sure it had yellow light before when I plug in the ethernet cable).
Has my device's ethernet/serial connection failed?
do you download ESPHome firmware by USB cable? you can connect your A8 board with your PC by USB cable, check it whether can be detected.
Yes, I've tried plugging usb into my computer (iMac), as well as the raspberry pi with is host for Home Assistant. Home assistant is communicating well between my iMac and the pi. I was able to see the device before on home assistant, now it doesn't detect it.

Im sure the KC868-A8 had a yellow network light on it previously when it was detecting in home assistant? now it doesn't...
when A8 connect to your iMAC, USB device can be detect?
Not any more. It did when I first tried it. After 1 day, it no longer detects the device

yes I have the ch341 driver installed
ok, that mean A8 hardware is OK. you can delete esphome device, re add a new device, use another board name for a test.
But its not detecting the A8. How does that mean the A8 hardware is ok???

(02-16-2024, 12:12 PM)admin Wrote: ok, that mean A8 hardware is OK. you can delete esphome device, re add a new device, use another board name for a test.

I Already deleted , tried to add new device and it does not detect it, just has the spinning icon and says "initialising" but never ends

this is your esphome problem, you can delete your esphome addon, re isntall it.
(02-16-2024, 11:11 PM)admin Wrote: this is your esphome problem, you can delete your esphome addon, re isntall it.

ok, so I can see/flash the board via usb when its plugged into my raspberry pi (Homeassistant server), I can also see the device can connect via wifi on my network by logging into the modem, so wifi and usb connections seem fine. I cannot get it to connect with ethernet connection though no matter what I do. Ive deleted the yaml file and started from scratch numerous times, then tried to setup with the ethernet cable, tried several cables, and followed the ethernet tutorial but its completely dead. No lights on the ethernet port on KC868 and no lights on my ethernet switch port when its connected.  Any suggestions, or is the ethernet port cooked..??
add whatsapp number: +86-15381188302 when have free time, use ANYDESK remote control your PC to help you.