Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ifttt program problem
Hi,

I have installed COL + H32L module to automate home.
however i have problems programming COL, as i cannot get the output on relay 30 when digital input 2 is active.

I see input 2 active, but out 30 never works.

Attached Files Image(s)

Do you want trigger input2 for relay30 output "ON"?
But I see your config relay 30 is set to "OFF" ?
I set it to "close" because I need the relay contact 30 to close

ok, maybe i solved. I got the programming logic wrong:

"set relay open" is intended as a command of the output, not of the contact.

if = in01 - edgeP - hold time 5s.
then = relay out type - ch30 - set the relay OPEN

this is how it works, however once in01 returns to 0 the relay continues to remain energized, so:

if = in01 - edgeN - hold time 5s.
then = relay out type - ch30 - set the relay CLOSE
ok, any questions you can leave message, we will help you.
if you want relay on and have a delay time then auto off, you can add "delay" and "OFF" command to "THEN".
thanks!
yes, I still wanted to ask for some information on programming. just to understand the logic of operation.
I would need to check a heating circulator every day at certain times: from 7 to 9, then from 13 to 15 and finally from 18 to 20
if you add a IFTTT command like IF (time=7:00AM) every day and (input sensor is xxxx) THEN relay do some actions (such as alarm).
(11-29-2020, 10:57 AM)athxp Wrote: I set it to "close" because I need the relay contact 30 to close

ok, maybe i solved. I got the programming logic wrong:

"set relay open" is intended as a command of the output, not of the contact.

if = in01 - edgeP - hold time 5s.
then = relay out type - ch30 - set the relay OPEN

this is how it works, however once in01 returns to 0 the relay continues to remain energized, so:

if = in01 - edgeN - hold time 5s.
then = relay out type - ch30 - set the relay CLOSE

Hi everybody who has problems with programming logical functions.
Here in Kincony existing system error in logical presentation's;
Close is OFF (Logical False)
Open is ON  (Logical True)
This logic used in valve pipe systems, Close valve mean water not flaw, Open valve mean water can flaw.
---------------
In Relay's / switch technology logic is opposite:
Close mean (Contact closed and current flaw) (Logical True)
Open mean (Contact opened and current not flaw) (Logical False)
This logical should be accepted in Kincony systems and software.
I am not sure how and why use oposit logic. It confused almost all who use this.
---------------------------
It is reason you stay confused in logic. I suggest in Kincony consider this.
Now the IFTTT action OPEN means relay ON; CLOSE means relay OFF. because relay maybe will connect to any device, maybe valve , maybe lamp, maybe motor. so the OPEN and CLOSE is for relay define.
(12-18-2020, 12:28 PM)admin Wrote: Now the IFTTT action OPEN means relay ON; CLOSE means relay OFF. because relay maybe will connect to any device, maybe valve , maybe lamp, maybe motor. so the OPEN and CLOSE is for relay define.

Thanks for your fast respond. I am long time in PLC technology and maybe it is my school. I will carefully check IFTTT in some books.
But like tell again switch logics is different than pipe/valve logic what is not subject here. You are maybe in wrong regarding you explain relays contacts.
When define Relay is ON (Closed) mean relay is energized; coil get voltage, if OFF (Open) relay coli is no voltage.
Relay contacts are quite different as you know.  It is as usual  NO - Com - NC. With this contacts we control what ever, valves, heating, lights....
In any case I am confused, I seen other guy too. 
In any case maybe decades logical experience maybe now changed by IFTTT, what should be so cool.
After check this will back here.
I think we can change the action OPEN/CLOSE by relay ON/OFF, that will be easy to understand, not use OPEN/CLOSE words.