Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
KC868 AI
I need step by step how to use KC868 AI with home Assistant. Especially when connected to 12V direct supply, can we still connect to the computer? I need more information in order not top damage the board
what do you want to do ? if you want use by home assistant. just config by ESPHome.
here is esphome yaml sample: https://www.kincony.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=2017
how to wire, see our diagram: https://www.kincony.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=3771
The PIR sensor you supplied has 5 terminal cables as shown in the screenshot while your diagram shows only 2 wires. What are the rest of wires for?
The temperature sensor with 3 wires is it considered as a dry contact sensor? how do I connect it? Your diagram didn't show for gas sensor and smoke sensor that has 4 wires.

I need more practical diagrams, Are all sensors dry contact?
PIR sensor have 5 wire: +12V,GND, COM, NO, NC
RED is +12v, BLACK is GND. other 3 wires, you can use multi meter to test, which is COM, NO, NC, it's dry contact signal. so if you connect to KC868-AI board's digital input port, just connect with 2 wire, (COM and NO)  OR  (COM and NC).  if you open the PIR sensor's plastic shell, you will see all pin define on PCB's label.

if you are using 3 wire temperature sensor, i think it's DS18B20, it have VCC, GND, DATA. RED is VCC 3.3V, BLACK is GND. YELLOW is DATA. you can connect YELLOW (data) with KC868-AI's any free GPIO (1-wire ) port. 3.3V and GND also connect to KC868-AI's terminal .

if you want to know DS18B20 details, you can search by Google, see datasheet.
Are all sensors dry contact?    --> NO, such Gas sensor/PIR sensor is dry contact.  temperature sensor not.
We have been battling with KC868 AI and unable to integrate with KC868 server. You said "if you want use by home assistant. just config by ESPHome"

Direct us to a link where can get step by step doing that. See attached screenshots

Attached Files Image(s)

there is RED line error, just use your mouse over the RED text, it will show the error reason.
you can just copy and paster our yaml code without change code.
We have copied yours and pasted with the same result as you can see in screenshots attached.

Attached Files Image(s)

when have free time, use ANYDESK remote control your computer to help you.
but strongly recommend to use Tuya app, not to use home assistant and ESPHome, if you no any skill of home assistant.
I am much familiar with Node-RED, you actually recommended HA to me may because of the Smart Power Distribution Panel.
I will be waiting for the remote support today or tomorrow.
you can also install Node-Red to use INPUT and OUTPUT.