Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Smart lighting project - DIY software
Hi Kincony,

I am building a new house and looking to use Kincony products to control lighting only. Well, maybe some aspects of security as well.

Differences from a usual case are:
1. Not interested in any existing home automation software, I want to write my own software in Arduino to do specific tasks only.
2. Not interested in things like Wifi control, phone apps etc etc. Mostly for it to work standalone.
3. Also not interested in 4G, voice controls etc etc.

I want to use wireless light switches only, for my own reasons. They can be Zigbee or RF433 from what I see sold on Aliexpress. I would like to have them talk to one central wireless hub that either talks to the central controller or is a central controller itself. 
Estimating <32 line outputs for lights, so probably using something like 2x KC868-E16V2 would work?

Can you recommend a suitable Kincony product(s) for this case and are there enough examples on how to work with Zigbee or RF433 and Kincony?

Many thanks,
Jack
zigbee easy for home assistant, but you want write own arduino IDE code, it's not easy write for zigbee protocol.
i think you can use KC868-E16S gateway or KC868-AG 433M gateway, both supprt RF 433M device. just first model have 16CH relay, AG without relay.
i don't know how to wire your light, by relay or by wireless panel.
(04-21-2024, 12:23 PM)admin Wrote: zigbee easy for home assistant, but you want write own arduino IDE code, it's not easy write for zigbee protocol.
i think you can use KC868-E16S gateway or KC868-AG 433M gateway, both supprt RF 433M device. just first model have 16CH relay, AG without relay.
i don't know how to wire your light, by relay or by wireless panel.

Thanks for that! KC868-E16S looks exactly what I should use if using RF switches. Do you also sell receivers for it or they are just standard ones one finds online?

Wiring lights would be through the relays.

Do you know if 433M RF wall smart switches sold online would work with E16S with a receiver?

Also do you have sample code to show how to work with 433M RF on ESP32?

Another question - is there a way to incorporate a dimmer for some of the lights?
this is RF 433M receiver order link: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3256802207700103.html
it not include with KC868-E16S.
you can install "RC-SWITCH" arduino library, many demo code. here is RF demo source code: https://www.kincony.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=1923
you can use KC868-D16 dimmer controller, it also have RF 433M receiver.
(04-21-2024, 10:06 PM)admin Wrote: this is RF 433M receiver order link: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3256802207700103.html
it not include with KC868-E16S.
you can install "RC-SWITCH" arduino library, many demo code.  here is RF demo source code: https://www.kincony.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=1923
you can use KC868-D16 dimmer controller, it also have RF 433M receiver.

Great, I was not aware of the dimmer controller. I see it can in theory control AC lights through a SSR, but SSRs have to be somewhat special? Can you point to an example of an SSR that would work?

Also thanks for the link to the library, looks easy.

Is it possible to control D16 dimmer controller from the E16S somehow, ie run one program only on E16S? It looks like you can put it in the HTTP server mode and just call API to control it, correct?
So the program would run on E16S using its RF receiver and all switches would be associated with it, then for some switch signals it would make API calls to the dimmer controller with some lights connected to it. Would this work?

Great support, Kincony, many thanks!
Great, I was not aware of the dimmer controller. I see it can in theory control AC lights through a SSR, but SSRs have to be somewhat special? Can you point to an example of an SSR that would work?

Also thanks for the link to the library, looks easy.

Is it possible to control D16 dimmer controller from the E16S somehow, ie run one program only on E16S? It looks like you can put it in the HTTP server mode and just call API to control it, correct?
So the program would run on E16S using its RF receiver and all switches would be associated with it, then for some switch signals it would make API calls to the dimmer controller with some lights connected to it. Would this work?

Great support, Kincony, many thanks!
download KCS firmware to E16S.
create IFTTT command: IF received 433M remote signal, THEN send RS485 or HTTP command to KC868-D16.