Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2 x KC868-H16B vs KH868-H32B
Hello...

At first I was about to purchase the 32-channel, but then after some digging.. I need some advise to clear things up.

I'm new at this and I am building an automation system that is to be control with home kit and I am ready to try the KC868. I gonna control about 24 nos of circuit using an AC contactor. The requirement is that I need a manual switch (start/stop) for the contactor that can interrupt the circuit anytime it need to be. I first thought H32B should do the job, but when required to make a manual override switch, I need 2 relays for 1 circuit to make it possible (I couldn't figure out any other design other than this solution). But also I found that I need access the NC port on one of the relay - thus the choice is KC868-H16B, and it seems it requires 3 of them to control all the 24 circuits.

My question is :
1. I couldn't find much info, but I read we can use multiple KC868 at the same time. So, how does it works? Do they communicate with each other via the RS232 port and will they all be using single IP or will the KC868 IP be independent from each other?

2. If they uses different IP, can the home assistant server control 3 KC868 at the same time? Or I need to setup 3 servers?

3. I also need at least 24 DI inputs (3 x 8 input on H16B should be enough) so that I can know the status on the main circuit if it's on or off, not the status of the onboard relay because it will actually tell me the status of the control circuit, physically. Do you think it should be sufficient?

Attach are my setup on trying to make this work.. :-) I need to show this PoC works first before I an ready to deploy.

Thanks in advance.

Attached Files Image(s)

if you want to add manul control, there are 3 way:
A. use switch terminal board connect with relay controller by RS232 for wall switch panel.
B. use 2 AC contactor for 1 channel output, one AC contactor is a switch for manual control way and by relay controller way.
C. use controller that have COM,NC,NO port, such as KC868-H16B, you can add a physical button.

B and C is top safety level unique

about your 3 questions:

1.Every KC868 controller have a IP address assigned by router. Not need to use RS232 cable, RS232 port is for switch terminal board or KC868-COL logical controller for automatic control without internet. all controller just connect to router is ok.

2.No problem with 3 different IP, all can be add to home assistant. when add the home assistant, you can define any relay output, not see as 3 controller, you can see you have 3*16CH=48 switches.

3.you can read relay state by query command, but if you use the input sensor from input port physically, this is the most authentic and credible feedback. you can use relay controller's input port or chose KC868-COL (have 16 Digital Input and 16 Analog Input), it's up to you.
Thanks Admin.. I'll get the H16B for me to test.
ok.